Why Can't I Be Trusted To Choose Caps Or Not?

It's great to have the new forums up and running!

Nonetheless, it would be be appreciated if we could choose to capitalize, or not, in the Topic Title.

"WHY can't I be Trusted to choose caps or NOT?" was turned into what you now see as the Topic Title.

Nonetheless, it would be be appreciated if we could choose to capitalize, or not, in the Topic Title.

"WHY can't I be Trusted to choose caps or NOT?" was turned into what you now see as the Topic Title.

Remember... you are an attorney and things could get out of hand..... lol....

• Administrators

It's designed to keep people from posting threads with titles like "PLEASE READ THIS HOLY CRAP!!!!111!!!11"

But I will turn that setting off, and trust the Spam Patrol. (The setting preventing multiple exclamation points in the thread title will still be enabled)

• Like 1

But I will turn that setting off, and trust the Spam Patrol. Whippersnapper..... oh my.... (lol)

• Administrators

But I will turn that setting off, and trust the Spam Patrol. Whippersnapper..... oh my.... (lol)

This ain't my first forum admin rodeo, don't worry... ;-)

• Like 1

This ain't my first forum admin rodeo, don't worry... ;-)

We are a pretty free wheeling group here....

cryingbaby.gif

• Administrators

Can we please re-enable the caps thing? Not only do I not want to see shouting, I also don't want to witness the laziness of all lower case. My OCD is kicking into high gear at the thought...

THE FORUM QUEEN HAS SPOKEN!!!1! THY WILL BE DONE!!

(See what I did there?)

• Like 1

I understand the desire to quash "SHOUTING," and I'm OK with the solution. Nevertheless, audio has many abbreviations that are more than one capital letter in a row, e.g., If I wanted to post the following in the Garage Sale forum:

FS: JBL monitor, will trade for MCM bins

it will come out as:

Fs: Jbl Monitor, Will Trade For Mcm Bins

Which looks better? To my eye, it's the first version.

YMMV, which in a Topic Title becomes Ymmv, LOL, or Lol

• Administrators

That is a valid point and one I'm aware of. Unfortunately the feature isn't very robust in terms of options. I think it may be best to disable it and make sure we have our forum rules state there is to be no all-caps topic titles or posts.

Sorry Amy, I gotta side with the people on this one ;)

I may try to see if I can come up with a better solution eventually (unless they make major improvements to it in the next version of IP.Board.)

• Like 1

• Moderators

Can we please re-enable the caps thing? Not only do I not want to see shouting, I also don't want to witness the laziness of all lower case. My OCD is kicking into high gear at the thought...

OcD. I nEvEr WoUlD hAvE gUeSsEd.

Torturer.