Horn project

Guest David H

Just looking at the Fostex line they list the h200, h300, h400. When they say 2" throat, does this mean it takes a 2" driver as opposed to a 1" throat that takes a 1" driver. I ask because I have 2" drivers. I all so noticed there is a big difference in size between the 2. If the lower cutoff frequency on the H400 is 455 hz, and 240 for the H200 how high will these go with the right driver, and will they take alot of equing.

Guest David H

Just looking at the Fostex line they list the h200, h300, h400. When they say 2" throat, does this mean it takes a 2" driver as opposed to a 1" throat that takes a 1" driver. I ask because I have 2" drivers. I all so noticed there is a big difference in size between the 2. If the lower cutoff frequency on the H400 is 455 hz, and 240 for the H200 how high will these go with the right driver, and will they take alot of equing.

I don't have a clue, I just built is as a fun project. I have not done any testing. You may want to look at the Fostex page, as this is very similar.

This horn is a 1 inch.

Dave

I don't have a clue, I just built is as a fun project. I have not done any testing. You may want to look at the Fostex page, as this is very similar.

This horn is a 1 inch.

Dave

Dave,

Give us an update. How do these sound? Have you made any measurements?

Thanks.

That horn reminds me of my dream speakers...I'd like to at least cobble up some form of a copy before I expire...

I have the L-475 woofers.

attachicon.gifFostex%20LS3%20Poster.jpg

Looks like a straight forward build.

WAF = 0

Ill bet is sounds great.

Dave

Yeah, the bass cabinets are a rather simple design...except the fact that they are huge, like 9 foot internal volume or some such. Build the bass cabinets, and go from there.

Wife Acceptance Factor is one of the least concerns in my life...

Guest David H

I have spent a signifigant amout of time adjusting the cuts for CNC'ing this horn, and I think I may have finally got it.

Next I need to work on the 1.2-1 square to round transition.

This is another horn that is rather difficult to sand using plywood.

I will post pics of the progess later.

Dave

That horn reminds me of my dream speakers...I'd like to at least cobble up some form of a copy before I expire...

I have the L-475 woofers.

attachicon.gifFostex%20LS3%20Poster.jpg

Looks like a straight forward build.

WAF = 0

Ill bet is sounds great.

Dave

Yeah, the bass cabinets are a rather simple design...except the fact that they are huge, like 9 foot internal volume or some such. Build the bass cabinets, and go from there.

Wife Acceptance Factor is one of the least concerns in my life...

9 cubic feet sounds like a lot, but if you call it 1 cubic metre, it sounds much smaller.