Wanted: anthem a2 amplifier

MichaelandKlipsch

It's hard to believe cause I don't know why anyone would spend more money on one thing over another if they sound the exact same?

"I have never bought a brand new amp only used ones. Of all the amps I have owned(28), only 3 of them have needed repairs with a total repair bill of about $400.00."

Who said they sound the same?

Especially when one has a better warranty?

From my experience, a warranty most likely will not come into play with a good quality amp.

But there is peace of mind with a warranty.

Bill

Edited by willland

If an amp measures exactly the same through a calibrated microphone on a computer do you think your ears hear different? I wouldn't.

I don't know. I like what I like and no measurement will sway me from that.

Don't you love these healthy discussions? :D They keep us on our toes. Iron sharpening iron.

Bill

Different Amps do sound differently, but you really have to do an A vs: B side by side comparison. The difference is more subtle then speakers, but there can clearly be a difference.

It also is going to be more discernible on say a pair of Klipschorns or Jubilees then a reference set of speakers.

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

Different Amps do sound differently, but you really have to do an A vs: B side by side comparison. The difference is more subtle then speakers, but there can clearly be a difference.

It also is going to be more discernible on say a pair of Klipschorns or Jubilees then a reference set of speakers.

Roger

you should venture down this way soon! we are gonna have another amp showdown after the first of the year. should be a good time.

My opinion every amp or source has a characteristic that is associated with it. Some people make choices on a company's history or the goal to strive for innovation. Or just the price it doesn't matter whatever criteria you use to make you buy something. I like anthem products not to say there is anything wrong with what others are using but that is just my preference. I do feel there is a sound their amps have that is what I am looking for. I also like the look of the amps, very simple. This is just one of those topics we can talk about on some things agree to disagree but as long as we learn something it's a great thread. Best of luck finding your A2!!!!!!

Roger

you should venture down this way soon! we are gonna have another amp showdown after the first of the year. should be a good time.

Sounds like fun!!

Roger

• Moderators

How did we get from "Wanted: Anthem A2 Amplifier"? Honestly, it really doesn't matter what we think or prefer. If Michael prefers Anthem, statistics on paper shouldn't matter, nor should our opinions on why another amp would sound just as good. Michael has an amazing setup and he has found an amp that provides the build quality, style and signature sound that his ears prefers and is specific on the model that he is looking for. No need for a debate in this thread on which amp would sound best. Let's save those debates for the HT section. Just my 2cents. ;)