Matching stereo receiver to my new RF 62 Speakers !

Rookie

Why even consider stereo receivers if music is important. You could do much better with a good integrated or separates later on. Receivers are for the Best Buy crowd, be better than that.

Shakey

I am an old guy...and back in the day we didn't have SUB's and the speakers we used provided plenty of Bass. No offense to anyone here but I firmly believe the AV receivers of today are junk for 2 channel audio and that stating a "sub" is the solution is not the best answer and that is just My opinion. I think an old 2 channel amp/preamp is what is needed and that the AV receivers just cant provide really good 2 channel sound while playing music

I would also keep in mind that if its Apple AAC files you are playing they are garbage to begin with and garbage in = garbage out

You can get a sub and hook it up and IMO it will just mask the fact that if you turn the sub off....the music sounds well....not all that good.....if it starts off sounding not all that good...how can adding a bunch of bass make it sound good?

Get the sound "good" first and then if you want yet more Bass...add subs

Rookie,

Don't pay attention to Shakey, he is just constipated!

Quakana,

Not ALL multichannel receivers sound bad for stereo, and you can't say you have listened to them all either. A good sub will ad another whole octave of music you have obviously never heard.

Rookie,

Speakers are by far the best bang for the buck you can spend on your system, so buy the best you can afford, and if that is the best sub you can afford then so be it, but I would suggest looking at the used market on ebay so you can get more sub for your money. That or consider building a kit if you have the room and the know how.

Good Luck... Roger

• Like 2

Quakana,

Not ALL multichannel receivers sound bad for stereo, and you can't say you have listened to them all either. A good sub will ad another whole octave of music you have obviously never heard.

Obviously I have never heard? I run subs in 2 different rooms in my house and frankly for the music I listen to I don;t feel i need it with the right speakers and its my choice...don't be disrespectful its not nice..

Edited by quakana
  • Like 1

Why even consider stereo receivers if music is important. You could do much better with a good integrated or separates later on. Receivers are for the Best Buy crowd, be better than that.

Shakey

hmmm more disrespectful bs to anyone on this forum who owns a receiver. I own a lot of stuff including receivers none of it is from best buy. I think you need to learn a little common courtesy there shakey.

+1

• Like 3

Putting down others gear is not acceptable. Different people like different things and want to put together what is right for them, not someone else. This forum prides itself on respect for one another opinion and diversity, and we encourage each other to build what suits that individual. I got to agree with reference_head on this one 100%.

• Like 1

Quakana,

Obviously I have never heard? I run subs in 2 different rooms in my house and frankly for the music I listen to I don;t feel i need it with the right speakers and its my choice...don't be disrespectful its not nice..

Quakana,

You are correct, I should of said "a good sub will add another full octave that many enjoy".... Other than that, I stand on what I said. We have a "NICE" family here on the forum and I have a real short fuse when it comes to someone belittling or disrespecting a new guy or his gear. We longer time regulars want to help the new guys so they will come back and become helpful too as they grow in knowledge base, after all, we were all newbies in this hobby at one time. Maybe a cheap receiver is all this guy can afford, nothing wrong with that and he may graduate to separates at some point, or he may not. That is OK as well. But I have seen SEVERAL posts both negative and condescending out of Shakey here lately, then you come on here and do a "LIKE" on one of those condescending posts and make your own. I'm not going to sit by and watch it happen!!! How about we get over our gear and try to help someone else out????

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

• Moderators

I go on a Snowboarding trip and look what I miss. ;)

Shaky, we are all indeed entitled to our own opinion but I agree that a few of your comments come across as being condescending. You have a strong opinion on receivers vs separates (and there's nothing wrong with that), but your statements could have come across better if they would have been worded differently. We have to remember that everyone has different budgets as well as needs. It's an unfair assumption that everyone "needs" to go the separate route. I love music but at this point in my 2ch setup, I'm TOTALLY satisfied with the sound that my HK Receiver (not purchased from BestBuy) provides. Many of us agree that adding an amp is a good thing and having separates does have some sonic benefits but not everyone has the ability or even the desire to go down that route.

It all comes down to respect and courtesy for each other. We have an incredible community in this forum but it's because of all of us collectively. We have different personalities, views and opinions and that's one of the many things that makes this a fantastic community. I was a Noobie once as well and some amazing forum members helped guide me through my audio journey. My hope is that we can continue to provide that same positive atmosphere.

Wow this thread was definitely intense. I have to say shakey some people really enjoy the nice convenience of a AVR over separates for music and HT. They provide nicely and that’s why companies invest a lot of dough into making extremely nice highly rated receivers from companies like HK, Marantz, Pioneer, Denon, Etc. I used a AVR for many many years and to be quite honest I was content with it. the older I get I feel I’m getting more and more obsessed with audio and have decided to spend more time and money on enhancing it where I can but lots of people are achieving very fine 2ch and HT audio with AVRs. I sold my Pioneer Elite SC55 which was a great avr and severed well with 2 channel as well.

Youth we are glad you are back and that you had a nice time with your family snowboarding. The forum isn’t the same when your gone.

All that aside and my love for AVRs I like my steak with no sauce but would gladly put sauce on it if someone were to cook it well done.:(