Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

I can get them to eat from my hand.

Now that would be a challenging shot!

You're right JL, although they are pretty tame, and soon get used to your presence they usually grab a seed and fly off quickly...That of course is apart from the challenge of taking a photo at the same time...lol

• Moderators

I read a story a while back about pro football photographers. I made notes on the models used and just for fun looked up the prices, some of the rigs were around 30K with about 20 of that the 400mm 2. something f stop or better.

They were getting great pics even with high ISO in some cases, cool equipment.

I read a story a while back about pro football photographers. I made notes on the models used and just for fun looked up the prices, some of the rigs were around 30K with about 20 of that the 400mm 2. something f stop or better.

They were getting great pics even with high ISO in some cases, cool equipment.

Yes, prices on some of the fast pro lenses are astronomical, my next purchase is Sony's 300mm f2.8, getting it rather than replacing my car...

• Moderators

Ok again NOT a great pic but plenty of coincidences for me.

This pic is of old friends at there 35 wedding anniversary last January, we had not seen them for years and happen to see them at my mothers funeral. We were invited to the party and I didn't realize when i took the pic but the pic on the table is one I had taken at the wedding 35 years earlier.

Also at that wedding my friend introduced me to his cousin and a year later we were married and still are.

Since this pic was taken my friend passed away, he was in the wheelchair for the last few years paralyzed from a accident at work where he was crushed by something falling from a crane, a freak accident.

I just happen to be looking at the pics and thought i would put it here.

post-9700-0-20160000-1389410315_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

• Moderators

She is doing OK considering, not so much at first, were friends with her sister also. As normal she was Ok at the funeral but after that she went home and everything was different, like starting over I would imagine ?

Time passes and things change, enjoy it while you can

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about your friend Dtel.........Great Photos though Lady and Gents!!!!.......My family used to own film developing stores in the West Palm Beach, FL area when I was growing up....Smith Brothers Film Drop...We sold all the stores around 2001 when the digital age started to take over..... So I have always enjoyed photography....I'm actually in the process of getting a new camera as we speak. So no pics from me, it's all been video for me for the last 15 years at least.

• Moderators
I know it's a bit late for Christmas, but here's a shot my bride Verna took one snowy night while the snow was coming down in December.

Nice pic Mrs Verna, I love the lighting.

Nice rainbow Schu, how wide is that lens ?