Dress like an audiophile?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by mobile homeless:

Justin, Klipsch pin or not, you just violated Rule #16:
You must be beaten with a bag of loose change if your signature exceeds your post in length.

What the hell is that signature anyway? Should I call Amy? Does she wear the THX cap? Is Klipsch as bad as it seems?

kh

I just got tired of people asking me for that info. So I put it in my signature. In the ProMedia forums, people come 90% of the time for help, and if I can't help, they have that info to get professional help. There people don't come just to chat about audio gizmos and whatnot.

I did edit it, happy?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

This message has been edited by justin_tx_16 on 07-09-2002 at 06:07 PM

Justin, you and your novelty signatures are no longer welcome hereSmile.gif

Why would you need a Klipsch T-shirt AND a Polo in Houston? Isn't it 150 degrees + 99% humidity their all the time?Smile.gif

Oh, my sig is hardcore, don't yall be hatin' on my hella hardcore sigMad.gif. Grrrr, Grrrr, I'm steaming madMad.gif.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

George the T-shirt model lives in a gated community. I think the 100% cotton Klipsch shirt would go nicely under his prison uniform. That is where they got the guy from, right? Wonder what he's in for? I was looking for the tear-drop tattoo but they must have air-brushed it out.

I have a few questions for the bunch who comes up with this Klipsch Gear stuff. Where the hell are the PWK logo boxer shorts? Can I order a pair of those boxer shorts with "Tweeter" monogrammed on the fly?...or, maybe "old hornie"? Are shaved-head, with VanDyke "look at me, don't I remind you of Steve Austin?" puter geek and audiophile synonymous terms now? WHAT?...THERE'S NO OFFICIAL THX/KLIPSCH SIGNET RING????? Do you get a free happy meal with each purchase? Is the designer of this line of gear over the age of twelve?...and has he/she figured out how to properly wear a ball cap yet?(yes, the bill goes in front to keep the sun out of your eyes...so you don't HAVE to drop another hundred or so on sunglasses!! I have other questions...but will await the official response to these before adding anymore...I sure don't want to overload an already limited nerve synapses capability!! Smile.gif

------------------

I can now receive private messages

hey, I just want the beer glass! ooops! That pils glass is waaaay too tall... I talk with my hands...I wonder if they have a shorter version?.. err.. like the bookshelf model of the RF-7?...Oh... I need the Klipsch shot glass..and a case of D-con., or one of BBBs specialty ssssssssssssssssssnakes......

Sorry...I'm WIRED...the speakers are in the house..and some of them are wired...

What is that you have on your uniform ? Is that a... a..Klipsthhhhhhhhhh pin ? Is that a Klipsthhhhhhhhh pin I see ? Get down and give us 20 pushups you Frosh. Just wait till hell week.

------------------

tHe wORLDs werst TYPesT>

This message has been edited by BBB on 07-09-2002 at 09:04 PM

I shouldn't subject myself to criticism here, but I'm a big boy , and can take it.

I live in tee shirts and short pants all year around.

I go to the office every day in tee shirts and shorts.

When I want to dress up I'll wear those short socks with shoes instead of sneakers or sandles. But, I save that for when I go sit in a board room to sign those high dollar condo cabinet job contracts.

I can't wait to get home at night and get into my casual cloths, tank tops and swimware type shorts.

You couldn't pay me to wear long pants.

Maybe this is a combination of my laid back life style and Florida living. Give me a dozen of those tee shirts. Does this mean that I can finally concider myself an Audiophile? I fit Klipsch's stereotype. You guys arn't snobs, are you?

I guess I'll have Mike Lindsey post a picture of him and myself from his last demo visit. You should get a good laugh out of it.

Q.

------------------

Q-Man

TPG - you don't wear shorts? Do you have funny looking knees? and didn't your mom give you the "What if you are in a car accident?" lecture? A collered shirt? I that a shirt with a picture of a dog? er no, that would be a colliered shirt. A shirt with a picture of a green leafy vegatable? er no, that would be a collard shirt. O.K. I give up!

cwm29.gif

In answer to your other question, YES. And they are mighty beasts. And how goes your speaker quest?

Q-

I wear shorts here in Arkansas too...and t-shirts...but still like my bib overalls! Smile.gif Gotta love all them pockets!! Smile.gif

Even though I look like a pear supported by two toothpicks in shorts, I DON'T CARE!!! It gets hot here in the summer and I need the cooling effect of them shorts!! Smile.gif

------------------

I can now receive private messages

Well Clu, it appears to me you need to hire a singer to master those RF-7 beasts in your house. May I suggest Marc ? Just don't get carried away with this Klipsch attire fad and become the forum fashion plate by making the RF-7s into ear-rings.If so you dun gots a serious mobility problem.I saw someone do that with a pair of empire state building reproductions.Talk about dragging your knucles on the ground. These designers make cwm5.gifs out of everybody.

This message has been edited by BBB on 07-10-2002 at 07:08 AM

yeah, really too hot in texas to dress like i do, basically the same as TPG, except i do wear khaki shorts.

well, abercrombie and fitch is pretty trashy LOOKING clothing and i have alot of it... well, i wear their polo shirts which look really nice, but then with their pants or shorts which sometimes have that weared out look, but with A&F clothing, no matter what you wear it is still going to be like wearing something more formal than t's and shorts.

i can not stand to wear the same thing all day, also. i have a problem, i admit it. wheni go to school i am wearing one thing, go home, change for tennis, then after tennis i change into a new set of clothes for the night, i go through three sets of clothes and about 3 showers a day. OCD. i rarely ever wear the same thing more than 5 times, ever, at that point it just sits in my closet till i make a trip to the salvation army to drop them off, or the houston mission in downtown for the families that live there. they are still in great shape at that point.

on an average day i wear a polo shirt and khaki shorts or pants, brands mostly A&F, then GAP, Bannana Republic, American Eagle and that is about it, a little old navy. it is just to hot to wear pants and a long shirt every day, but when it is cold, i wear shirts with sweaters over it, i got 2 cashmere sweaters for christmas... wow they are soo soft!

so now you know what i wear, and my OCD.

geeze, too hot. got a raquettball game in about 20 minutes, lucky it is indoors Smile.gif it is 102.8 in my backyard right now, and it rained yesterday and like the past 20 days, so the humidity is crazy high.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

As someone who works in the fasion (as well as financial) capital of the world, I have to put in my two cents. Although I am originally from the MO, I have unconciously been sucked into the NYC mindset. I work in advertising, which is business casual. Looking at my shoes, I realized that all of my shoes, even my American branded Kenneth Cole's, were made in Italy. You do a lot of walking here, so quality shoes are necessary. In my closet, I also found a lot of H&M, Armani Exchange, DKNY, and Banana Republic- not top brands, but much trendier than what I wore in MO. Really, it's not that much more expensive than wearing Dockers- these stores clear out their merchandise constantly for the newest thing. However, once you get used to the rent (Eg., Monica's apartment on Friends- huge 2bd, high ceilings, upper east side by the park, with balcony= $5K/month easy) and taxes (unrealistic brackets for standard of living+ state and city income tax) everything starts looking cheap in comparison.

Back to Klipschwear-

First of all, polo shirts are overworn in the midwest/south. You guys really need to get out more. The only time I wear polo's is if I am cooking out or with shorts on the weekend.

Secondly, I think that any shirt that displays the lable or advertises a product on the outside is tacky. This includes those T-shirts all the tourists buy with the designer's name in large print on the outside. If the lable is meant to be funny (like the "make 7-up yours" t-shirts or "Spam"), I'll let it slide.

Thirdly, when I went to a high-end audiophile speaker store here (Wilson audio, Burmester, and other speakers that cost as much as a Mercedes S-class) the manager was wearing black lable Armani- the real deal. The salesman was more casual, wearing slacks with Campers. I think the Klipsch clothing line is more relevant to dressing like a midwesterner than an audiophile.

I also have problems with the association to "audiophiles". I typically do not think of Klipsch as audiophile. Typically, audiophile speakers stress flat frequency response over SPL. This is not to say that Klipsch are bad speakers, they have their uses. However, I think my Maggies are more typical audiophile than my reworked RF3's. I think "audio enthusiast" would be a better term.

My apartment, however, is a total mess- furniture that was given to me or made out of plywood and 2X4's and A/V everywhere. However, if I upgrade, it will be to quality stuff.

Larry

This message has been edited by lne937s on 07-10-2002 at 01:07 PM