Dress like an audiophile?

Fini you are crazy.

I am reading this post at work in the kind of clothes I wear everyday. I only wear Patagonia shirts (short sleeve in summer and long sleeve in winter), Levi jeans and cowboy boots.

When I leave here I'm going home to walk the dog. I'll change into a pair of cutoff levi's and a T shirt with the sleeves cut off.

The older I get the less I care about what I wear.

Danny

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! I am wearing shorts! I love my shorts. When it is warm outside, they provide cool relief from the heat. They are very comfortable. I enjoy the relaxed fit.

MY shirt is nice. What do you wear when reading posts in the Klipsch forum? I wear various types of shirts. Right now, it is an all cotton jersey I got from a store. I dont remember which. I like it, though. IT is comfortable. Later, I will take off this shirt and maybe put on a more comfortable one if I can find it! IT's fun!

When I go outside to run an errand or get the mail. I sometimes wear my Reef sandles. But sometimes I go barefoot. I like shoes, but barefoot is FUN!

I love my Klipsch speakers too! Paul Klipsch was a genius and not an audiophile. HE liked music and loved his horn speakers. Paul Klipsch once said, "Bullshit" or something like that. Well, it goes to show you that he was a genius. Also, he liked zip cord! Therefore, I like zip cord!

I wear comfortable clothes and I know Paul Klipsch would too! That fancy stuff is left for people that are in the cities and whatnot.

I love my Klipsch speakers. Klipsch rulez!

Fini - I am ROTFLMAO!! (BTW, do you find you prefer lycra or cotton?)

Sheesh, how did this thread digress so? OK, everyone, fess up. I expect a full recital of every piece of clothing you plan to wear in the next 7 days, down to the socks with the holes in them and the hip pocket with the tear in the seam from sitting on a wallet stuffed too fat with old receipts, business cards, girlfriends' numbers, and other odd unmentionables.

Is it just me, or does HDBR's picture look like someone sticking their face into the frame of a Monty Python segment?

------------------

My System

hey i picked up Campers in Vienna almost 2 yrs. ago. Why the hell is New York so far behind the curve??? Right-siders always thinkin you're so hot.

------------------

Two Channel System:

Klipsch Fortes (1988)

Jolida 202a

Rega Planet

Denon DP 3000 tt (Stax tonearm; Grado Gold cart.)

Hey, when the fine looking babe who has been riding on the back of your beemer for the last 400 miles says..."lean out over the railing some so I can get your pic with some green in the background"...you do as you are told!! LOL! Helmet-head, or not!! LOL! Smile.gif

------------------

I can now receive private messages

Well I said earlier I was clueless so I might let him answer for the both of us...

Actually I am currently wearing a host of labels which I never knew I owned but there you go (wife bought them). It seems I am more trendy than I thought:

V-neck Loose fitting T-shirt type of affair - Armani.

Banana republic chino trousers but with that useless map pocket thingy on both legs.

Timberland deck shoes (very comfy). No socks and Marks and Spencers briefs (pack of 6 or 12 or something - UK equivalent of KMart I believe).

And I was doing so well till we got to the underwear.

BTW - Fini - I try to get into the wife's underwear often too - but only when she is in them at the time and not with much success. Still last time I did look what happened - one daughter - now just over 14 lbs and eating us out of house and home.

with-me-dad-see.jpg

Just shameless aint I - any excuse will do to show her off...

Max...now if you would have just painted onto your daughter a vandyke and put some little glasses on her she would fit the official website "audiophile look"...LOL!

All kidding aside...she is a litle beauty...congratulations!! Smile.gif

------------------

I can now receive private messages

Campers have been here for a few years too, but they were in BIG in Europe first and still are. I didn't mean that to be trendy, they are more of a staple- the trendiest moved on a long time ago. However, they are really comfortable and flexible, so I think they will stick around for a while.

None of my comments were meant to be bragging, although they obviously came off that way. I guess what is "normal" here is pretentious almost everywhere else. Myopia?

Anyway, I was thinking- I really am in an alternate universe.

My room costs as much as renting an entire house in MO.

I don't drive to work anymore- I take the subway.

There was a movie being shot on the street on the way to work.

I was in the bank today and there was this guy arguing with the teller about the fact that they won't let him deposite more than a $1,000,000 in his regular checking account. I never saw that in MO.

I am sitting here wearing clothes that aren't even offered in MO.

Our office had Sushi delivered for lunch- which I only had twice in MO.

I am going around the block to Britney Spears' new restaurant (which I hear is horrible and really tacky) for a birthday party.

I really guess that the 5% of the US that live here (and maybe the other 5-7% that commute in) are really in a totally different world than most of the rest of you- comparisons really aren't fair. I haven't seen a Walmart in about a year or left NYC in the past 6 months, so maybe I need to get out more?

Larry

larry, i'm originally from IA & now in the KCMO area. been to NYC quite a few times & all i can say is its like trying to drink water outa the fire hydrant. 2 weeks was too intense for me. but i think i walk faster now. Smile.gif great experience though.

guess you can get use to it after a bit. good luck there.

as i said my favorite garb is silk boxers & a t-shirt (with or without emblem). oh, this is strictly indoors, at home, though i do at times make a midnight run in the cover of darkness to take out the garbage without throwing on any shorts. damned streetlight. Smile.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

As a former resident of KC, I felt amazingly overwhelmed when I came here. It took some major adjusting, but your whole perception of the world changes. So many people make packed closely together bring so many issues that you hear about on tv into focus and expose you to almost everything, whether you want it to or not.

And by the way- how about those Cheifs?

#1 rusher, #1 tight end, new offense (no more Martyball)

I think they are actually going to do something this year!

Larry

yes larry, our fingers are crossed for the chiefs. cwm6.gif

one thing i learned real quick there. if you don't want trouble, don't look at anybody for more than .25 secs. at least not somebody or groups of such that can

kick one's donkey. & especially on the subway. cwm6.gif

of course i'm sure you know that by now. cwm4.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page