subwoofers and amp for sale

joessportster

First off these must be picked up locally and if your looking for pretty these are not it. (these are superbly musical subs that will shake your foundations LITERALLY)

What i have are a pair of 18" sub woofers, theses were built by Lucas to debut Revenge of the Sith in washington dc area and then sold to a friend of mine that had them for awhile, He planned to move to a condo and so decided he couldn't take these with him. I bought them because they were the absolute best musical subs ive ever heard, They will hit 20 Hz with no problems and i would say they will go lower. Now the issue is i have looked these subs over several times and cannot find any identifiers on them anywhere they are cast frame with a heavy paper cone and a rubber surround (the rubber is heavier than inner tube rubber), and weigh in at about 50 to 60 pounds per driver the cones have dual spiders as well. The cast frames are bolted togeather. I had a pro audio guy look at them and he said they look as though they could handle 1000 watts easily

i will include the amp he was using as well it is a carver PT2400 (that's right 1200 wpc into 4 Ohms) 750 watts into 8 ohms and can be bridged to make 3000 watts mono

i have the drivers pulled from the cabinets for safe keeping as well as the amp the cabinets are mdf and weigh near 150 pounds each very well built to say the least they measure about 24x24x25

You will have to bring help to load the cabinets out of my dads basement (i cannot lift, i had spinal fusion surgery), my plan was to pair these with a full range top end as he did crossing over at about 80 Hz

price is 750.00 picked up (firm) i can promise you will not find better more musical subs at 5 times the price If i have any interest i will unwrap the drivers and amp, shoot some pics and post them here

( i am only selling these to finance another audio wish the woo audio w7 fireflies amp/dac as i believe headphones will be my main listening for some time to come)

Those babies look like they would thump!

Thanks Joe for posting photos.

Bill

my friend literally had to repair some drywall cracks, clean up some plaster in his basement and broke a single glass pane in his french doors. the subs were setting about 2 feet from the door. (His wife was not happy) My friend is blind and a professional drummer and I have known him for over 10 years he like all of us has had upgrade fever since I"ve known him. He kept these longer than any other speaker in the time Ive known him. (they made him feel like he was on stage playing with the band) His hearing is astronomically better than mine so i put alot of stock in his opinions Joe

I would LOVE to have that set up. Great price and great back story.

to tell the truth i regret having to sell them as i had big plans for a future system but at some point reality has to take hold. I dont know if or when ill ever have space for a full size system again, so i want to give the headphone a true shot with some quality equipment and not just straight out of my laptop

I hate to disagree with you but theses are the most musical subs i have ever heard, I know they were built for lucas and that would certainly imply HT, but I"ve listened to dozens of subs over the years and these are hands down the best (i have more than my own opinion on this, i have 2 other people whom i will label audiophiles, that agree and one of those 2 has hearing most of us would kill for. I personally would kill for either one of there ears) That sounds a tad weird :mellow: The friend i bought these from is trying to get them back as of this morning so i dont know if they will be here very much longer. As for open air use now that I don"t know (I"m assuming you mean to set them outside ?? That would be interesting to hear