Altec Lansing Professional Sound Reinforcement Gear - Horns, Throats, Bass Cabinets

indyaudio

I bought a complete Altec Lansing professional sound reinforcement system that had been removed from a local high school theater before renovation. The equipment is in excellent condition with very minor wear only on some of the horns from being installed. Throats are constructed of metal and horns of fiberglass. This gear is of the highest quality and sounds outstanding when installed. System was carefully removed and as you can see, shrink wrapped for protection and ready for pick up.

I have sold the compression drivers, short throats, and the woofers. Here is what remains for sale including the model numbers. All kinds of indoor and outdoor uses for this gear!

>2 wooden ported bass cabinets (originally used with Altec Model #3156 16" woofers). They are factory grey painted finish in nice condition including some damping material inside. Quality boxes for you to add your woofers and have subwoofer boxes or big enough to add other drivers and build 2 or 3 way speakers easily. Could mount a horn on top as well, many options. Buy at a fraction of new price or what other disassembled MDF boxes cost from places like Parts Express. Dimensions are 30"x19"x15" deep.
>5 horns and 3 different models - 2 #MR64B medium sized; 2 #MR42B large; 1 #MRII5124 small
>2 long throats for connecting model #299-8A compression drivers to the horns - #34652

I don't want much for this gear, would like the space back in the garage. The large horns are just that, large, so you'll need to come by and pick this gear up with a good sized vehicle. It all fit in my Suburban.

Email with any questions. Make me any offer as I want this stuff out of my garage, need the space! Would consider other audio related trades as well, thanks.

post-58180-0-14560000-1394677368_thumb.j

post-58180-0-47440000-1394677377_thumb.j

post-58180-0-39760000-1394677386_thumb.j

post-58180-0-94000000-1394677398_thumb.j

post-58180-0-85200000-1394677414_thumb.j

• Like 1

I bought a complete Altec Lansing professional sound reinforcement system that had been removed from a local high school theater before renovation. The equipment is in excellent condition with very minor wear only on some of the horns from being installed.

I have sold the compression drivers, short throats, and the woofers.

Nice

I have sold the compression drivers, short throats, and the woofers. Here is what remains for sale including the model numbers. All kinds of indoor and outdoor uses for this gear!

So you sold all the good stuff and are left with all the stuff nobody can use or afford the shipping on and you come here to sell it? .......................hmmmmm

Edited by ClaudeJ1

Those large ones kook almost as big as the car in the background. Where are these located, and a starting price might help. Would you be willing to separate,and ship anything. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks, LOL, the big horns are about the size of my '73 Volvo P1800 ES wagon! I could strap one to the roof!

Yes, I will sell individual or pairs. I will ship the single small horn or the pair of throats. The 2 pairs of medium and larger horns I will drop off somewhere and buyer takes it from there. I live in north suburban Indianapolis, IN.

Guys, make an offer! I don't want much here, but I want out of the garage and was simply hoping this forum would have someone that can/will put them to use. I will trade for any reasonable audio item too, preferably vintage but make me a trade or cash offer.

Edited by indyaudio

Whoa, they are just a little bigger than the ones I am selling, but mine are EV . local pick up is killing my sale, so good luck with your sale.

The other parts that could be shipped were sold quickly. I kept what I needed and wanted for my personal use.

So you sold all the good stuff and are left with all the stuff nobody can use or afford the shipping on and you come here to sell it? .......................hmmmmm

Does every forum have guys like you? Really, what a crappy attitude. I post stuff some of you guys can use and offer to about give it away and I'm the A - hole, look in the mirror "friend"

Im about an hour north of Chicago. If you can meet me halfway, I will throw in a case of Bud, Let me know

Mark

Let me get this right - you want me to load these up, drive my Suburban 4 hours round trip to meet you for a case of Budweiser? I will roll them out to the curb in 5 minutes time and drive to the liquor store for some real beer on my dime and I'm miles ahead. Better yet, take them to Goodwill where another audio friend will discover them cheap and I'll take the tax write off.

Please let me know if I am missing a key point to your offer