March Madness, On Wisconsin now that Green went!

DizRotus

It scares me that Vitale, Digger, Obama et al have now jumped on the Spartans' bandwagon. I didn't like it when MSU was ranked #1 early in the season; no place to go but down. Now I'm uncomfortable with the sudden love being shown by the talking heads.

That said, the Spartans have the potential (as do ~20 other teams) to go all the way. With Izzo at the helm, I like our chances.

They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. The plethora of injuries to starters gave MSU's bench valuable minutes during the season. The depth that gives them at tournament time is invaluable.

The attached photo shows my better half, Keith Appling and yours truly at Dutch Girl Donuts in Detroit. Keith couldn't have been more gracious when asked for a photo.

GO GREEN!

MSU '71 x 2

EDIT: 04-01-14 @ 8:16 PM EDT

Now that only the Badgers are made it to the Final 4 from B1G Conference, I'll root for them.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

MSU finished DEAD LAST in the SEC, while our best player stars for Puke.

We got cute & retired the winningest coach in School history with several SEC titles & hired an un-known.

Hope he's the next Adolf Rupp or Babe McCarthy; but, I doubt it.

Go Gatuh Hatuhs, Go great jelly & terrible football, Go rotten-crotch Ten or Sea...

I think Louisville, Michigan St, Florida and Arizona will be the final four.

+1

Izzo's habit of scheduling quality opponents for non-conference games is a a good idea. A loss to a good team is better for a team's growth than a bunch of victories against mediocre teams. Can you say Shockers?

That said, Wichita State got to the Final 4 last year, so they're for real . . . again. If I were a Shocker fan, I'd rather see an early close loss to NC, KU or some other good program than a bunch of victories over low RPI programs.

Edited by DizRotus

I think Louisville, Michigan St, Florida and Arizona will be the final four.

You looking at my bracket? That's my final four--i have Louisville winning again. My #12 Harvard won; but, I'm sweating out my second upset…I picked ND State (to be a sweet sixteen team) and their lead is rapidly disappearing.

Edited by BigStewMan

It is just impossible to predict. Warren Buffett is underwriting a 1 billion dollar prize for a perfect bracket. I saw an interview where he said the odds were 1 to 10 to the 26th power. As a Syracuse fan, I went from believing they were the dead on favorite to win the NCAA's back in February to just hoping they make the Sweet 16.