Looking for Fortes in NE Ohio

Futureman

Hello all. I'm seriously thinking about dipping my toe into the Klipsch pool. I'm an Electro-Voice fan, and a bit apprehensive to move out of my comfort zone. But if I'm able to find a deal close to me, I'd probably bite! So, I'm looking for a pair of Fortes, even if they need a little TLC. Heavily modded speakers may be out of my price range.

Thanks!

Edited by Futureman

• Moderators

Hello all. I'm seriously thinking about dipping my toe into the Klipsch pool.

Just a word of caution....no one ever just dips their toe into the Klipsch pool. It might appear to be this beautiful pool, but in reality, it's more like this....

800px-Naruto_Whirlpools_taken_4-21-2008.

• Like 2

I like EV too. Which EV do you have or favor?

You have a PM

There was some collaboration with Klipsch and EV. Some Klipsch speakers in the past came with EV speakers. Aristocrat corner speakers were a PWKlipch design.

Klipsch...A descent into the Maelstrom! EAP

Edited by billybob
  • Like 1

I like EV too. Which EV do you have or favor?

You have a PM

I have the Interface C ii (with the EQ). Love them! I had the B's before that and would love to have the D's one day. My interest in the Forte speaker is to have something with which to compare the EVs.

Forte II sold in the day for a $1,000.00 a pair. Factor in inflation, and you would be looking at a price tag today of about $3,500.00 New you would have to purchase Cornwall III at $4K a pair. My point is, at the end of the day what is an additional $100.00 or $200.00, if better condition, upgraded and local?

Best of luck in your search.

Best regards,

John

Same tweeter and midrange, less bass output. Still a very good speaker, like a Heresey with more low end. I have owned my forte II since 92, and aside from an all horn speaker very hard to beat an extremely well balanced speaker. Hold out for the forte II INMHO.......

^^^ This ^^^

I haven't heard the Interface C, but was reading up on it. The Forte II will give most speakers of comparable size a spankn' without any problem. There have been EVs in my family since I was born, so I know that EV will hold its own. The mid horns might be a bit 'bright' sounding next to the paper mids. If I were closer, we could throw them both in the ring...Bring them on over. :D

AND

ttiwwp.gif

Jweber, here are my C's:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showpost.php?p=6760853&postcount=1

The C's (93 db) are not as efficient as the forte, and can dip down to 30 Hz with the eq. They are *very* laid back (and coupled with tubes and a nagaoka cartridge, maybe too laid back). I can listen to them all day and never get fatigued. I'd love to compare them to the forte (or forte II). I don't have much of an opportunity to audition speakers, and would prefer to hear them with what I'm already running since "system synergy" is always important.

Edited by Futureman