Get Along Little Doggie

thebes

I may just ramble down the road, get along little cowpoke, hop on my mare, chew a chaw, sit my saddle, tuck into my horse blanket by the fire, out under the stars, and dream sweet thoughts of my Mary Sue, while chewing on some Purple Sage.

Anybody here ever get a hankerin for some buckboard music?

Tie on your bandana, set your Stetson, hitch up your jodhpurs, rope a little filly out of the herd and mark her with your brand.

Most country music I can’t stand, its over-processed crap. Western music sometimes gets me going. Marty Robbins’s “Streets of Laredo”, “Do Not Forsake Me” by Frankie Lane is another.

So my little doggies, what gets you to ridin the high Chaparral?

How about Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjwWtRN-eHc

This South Texas New Wave Redneck likes Old School Real Hard Core Honky Tonk Country Music ie Hank Williams Sr, Faron Young, Webb Pierce, Wynn Stewart, Buck Owens, Lefty Frizzel, Harlan Howard, Ernest Tubb, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, George Jones, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Conway Twitty, Gary Stewart, Johnny Paycheck, David Allan Coe, Charlie Pride, Mel Tillis, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Kitty Wells, Tammy Wynette, Wanda Jackson and many more.

The vast majority of Music that Nashville/Trashville produces and tries to pass off as Country Music now days is in Reality-Paint by Numbers Pablum Fluff Pop Rock Country with no redeeming Musical Value. I'm a highly opinionated SOB when it comes to Country Music. I like Texas Country Music ie Red Dirt Music which includes Okie/Oklahoma Country Musicians/Bands. I also like Americana Music which has some good Country Musicians/Bands.

This South Texas New Wave Redneck likes Old School Real Hard Core Honky Tonk Country Music ie Hank Williams Sr, Faron Young, Webb Pierce, Wynn Stewart, Buck Owens, Lefty Frizzel, Harlan Howard, Ernest Tubb, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, George Jones, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Conway Twitty, Gary Stewart, Johnny Paycheck, David Allan Coe, Charlie Pride, Mel Tillis, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Kitty Wells, Tammy Wynette, Wanda Jackson and many more.

The vast majority of Music that Nashville/Trashville produces and tries to pass off as Country Music now days is in Reality-Paint by Numbers Pablum Fluff Pop Rock Country with no redeeming Musical Value. I'm a highly opinionated SOB when it comes to Country Music. I like Texas Country Music ie Red Dirt Music which includes Okie/Oklahoma Country Musicians/Bands. I also like Americana Music which has some good Country Musicians/Bands.

whoa pardna, is this town big enough for the two of us?

Hola USNRET, como esta? Corpus is plenty big & spread out for the both of us. You're living out at the Island if I remember correctly. I live in Central Corpus close to Ray High School. I have been a long time lurker and never posted that much before when I was semi active as LonestarBlues. I enjoy reading the zany/wacky humor of thebes. Hey thebes, where's the Twins? This Gringo speaks a little Gringo Lingo Tex Mex Spanglish-mucho engles mixed with a little bit of espanol. I know just enough spanish to flirt with Mexicana chicas & get my butt kicked by Mexicano dudes if I were to speak spanish cuss words at them.

I like a wide variety of Music-Blues, Jazz, Motown R&B, Rock, New Wave, Classical, Country & Tejano/Norteno Musica. I'm a Corpus Christi Native-born & raised in C.C. My Dad loved German & Czech Polka accordion based music. I'm 55, when I was a young kid, KSIX AM Radio Station used to play a program every Saturday morning-Polka Party-3 to 4 hours of accordion based Polka Music. I hated Polka Music when I was a kid. My Dad is now deceased.

I dated a Mexicana chica for several years, she turned me on to accordion based Tejano/Norteno music. The accordion playing/riffs are the same in German/Czech Polka Music & Tejano/Norteno Mexicano Music. I like Tejano/Norteno Music, it reminds me of the music my Dad used to listen to and puts a smile on my face when I listen. Tejano/Norteno Music also reminds me of Old School Country Music-the lyrics are about love, heart break, getting drunk and having a party. I own 150+ Tejano/Norteno CDs. I sometimes go to Club Cielo to see Norteno Bands-Grupo Solido, Intocable. Club Cielo is in a bad part of town-Baldwin past Port in an old HEB building.

A little Texas Music History. The German & Czech Immigrants brought the accordion with them to Texas in the 1800's. They introduced the accordion to the indigenous Mexican people in Texas. The indigenous Mexican people adopted the accordion into their music.

As a wee lad I went to sleep each night hearing my Mom's AM radio tuned to WBAP's (Dallas) Bill Mac Show.

Interesting that Bill Mack is still alive and kicking... Few folks know that he wrote blue, which sent LeAnn Rimes to stardom...

Welcome back aboard LonestarBlues.

Excellent suggestions by one and all. Maron, I'm listening to Ferde's composition as I type.

Hey TK, El Paso aka Rosa's Cantina is one of my all time faves in this genre. A ballad with a rare sad ending, masterfully sung, with wonderful music and suburb sound.

Looks like I've touched on our inner Americana. Keep'em comin cow punchers.

Oh, Lonestar, almost forgot to add my ex-wife (blonde-Irish) literally knew several hundred mariachi songs. We used to play what I called "Stump the Mariachi" whenever we'd find ourselves in front of a band. You should I've seen the look on some of the band-members faces when she'd started to put in requests. Great fun, and she probably still knows at least 50 or more.