Palladium Owners - What amp(s) are you using?

DEP14

I am going to try it with a Oppo as the front end. Afterall, this is second HT system, not 2 channel. I can't see going too far with a HT system.

EDIT: What I mean is that an HT can get really expensive with 5 or 7 monoblocks and most of the spekaers are not doing anything that critical, just surround effects. I also prefer 2 channel so going too far with a HT system does not make sense for me.

Edited by tigerwoodKhorns

have you considered a rotel or classe amp? Both fall under the B&W umbrella and the Classe is what they use on their diamond series.

I am a firm believe that you have to spend some cash to get something decent and once in a blue moon you come across something super cheap that is awesome. Take a look at the outlaw amps. I like mine, i think its a pretty smoothe amp, very satisfied. I would be more looking at the larger amps than what i have since the palladium deserve more juice.

I don't understand why anyone would want to use a SS amp with a Klipsch speaker for music

For one, sound quality is subjective to the listener. And two, some SS amps mate very well with Klipsch. Many like myself, want amps that just plug and play.

With all that said, I do get the tubes/Klipsch combo euphoria thing. :emotion-21::emotion-21:

Bill

I don't understand why anyone would want to use a SS amp with a Klipsch speaker for music

For one, sound quality is subjective to the listener. And two, some SS amps mate very well with Klipsch. Many like myself, want amps that just plug and play.

With all that said, I do get the tubes/Klipsch combo euphoria thing. :emotion-21::emotion-21:

Bill

When I had my RF-7II paired with a SS amp They sounded awesome for HT but for music listening " Detail " wise they didn't cut it for me . Again personal opinion .

Bill

When I had my RF-7II paired with a SS amp They sounded awesome for HT but for music listening " Detail " wise they didn't cut it for me . Again personal opinion .

As many of us would say... Suum cuique.

• Like 2

Bill

As many of us would say... Suum cuique.

Agreed all it matters is your happy - I don't know why I blurted that out in a Klipsch forum anyways :)

• 1 year later...

Had early 80's mcintosh SS gear on 37's and it sounded really good to me. No ear fatigue from concentrating on the highs. Now a new pre and early 80's 2255 and I love it. Older SS gear seams to be more tube like in sound to me than newer stuff but hey that's just me