ALK Universal?

Arash

about two years ago I built an ALK Universial network for one of my friends to use in a LS. I used Sonicaps and the result was outstanding. far better than stock AA Xover. I can't remember where did I get the schematic but I think ALK website was the origin. now I want to build a pr again for myself but www doesn't seem to have something regarding to it anymore! I might have forgotten how to work with Google or maybe ALK is no more available.

can anybody tell me what is the situation?

Edited by Arash

Aleathia Audio ( DeanG ) is the licenced builder for the ALK

i had Dean build me 2 sets

as far as I can remember, ALK Universial was free-to-use for DIY. now it seems nothing is public about it

how sad! I'll never have a Universal XOver for me

He still sells them.

Sad, but see below from the other thread for the problem that can't be currently navigated.

thanks guys for reply but I don't think Bob will ship them to my place because of US Sanctions! I talked to Bob last time about ~20 months ago and he was refusing to do that. I don't know if the situation is change or what

Arash is right. No US citizen can sell anything to anyone in Iran. Also, you cannot ship to a third country if the ultimate destination is Iran. Another point, no US citizen can accept a payment if the origin of the payment is Iran even if the payment is routed through a third country. Now I got to hear all this directly from a US customs agent when I did try to ship something to Arash. So, I do not want to get that phone call again.

Bob Crites

• Like 1

He still sells them.

He still sells them.

Sad, but see below from the other thread for the problem that can't be currently navigated.

thanks guys for reply but I don't think Bob will ship them to my place because of US Sanctions! I talked to Bob last time about ~20 months ago and he was refusing to do that. I don't know if the situation is change or what

Arash is right. No US citizen can sell anything to anyone in Iran. Also, you cannot ship to a third country if the ultimate destination is Iran. Another point, no US citizen can accept a payment if the origin of the payment is Iran even if the payment is routed through a third country. Now I got to hear all this directly from a US customs agent when I did try to ship something to Arash. So, I do not want to get that phone call again.

Bob Crites

yes but sure he won't ship them to Iran. I don't think anybody would get himself involved with US justice system for a couple of bucks :( dealing anything with Iranian might lead to a fine of 200,000USD for the US citizen because it's a violation of US sanctions. that's Ok I as an Iranian I don't blame US I'm thankful of it because as a human being I don't wanna see the world got involved in a nuclear war so that's ok but come on! I'm an individual who also hates this freaking totalitarian regime here <_< buying a couple of speaker parts has nothing to do with a nuclear installation! :(

Edited by Arash

Arash, maybe if you contact Al he will email you the schematics knowt your circumstances.

I don't expect him to do that because those designs are his property. I feel for Al and know what is it like when after all the effort putting in a design... let's skip it.

Can a friend send you something in a box at no charge?

And maybe other friends might be willing to reimburse me for what I send you.

Maybe.

sorry I think I'm in a language barrier, could you please ask the question in another sentence?

Did you see my post?

Also, I have a design that many think sounds better than the Universal, and I have no problem sending it to you.

I asked, is it illegal for a United States citizen to send a gift to someone in Iran?

I can have my daughter send the autotransformers, I would just need reimbursement from forum contributions.

Is this a UN thing or a US thing?

There has to be a way around this.

Please tell me you're a good Muslim and don't believe or do the kinds of things that make us westerners pull our hair out. Sorry, but I had to ask.

oh that's ok if I can buy a pair from you but "gift" doesn't mean a bunch of odd-looking caps and transformers and wiring!

the sanctions is for US

Yes but I don't want anybody in problem because I feel I can hear the difference in sound by using a new network! there is a sore reality that many innocent people who got cancer or MS are waiting for their death just because there is no medication (medicine) because of this sanction US which claims is putting strong arm on Iran's regime not "PEOPLE"

I'm not a Muslim. &^%$ them all those extremists.

thanks man for your help but that would be hard to do but I really appreciate your concern. I'm always thankful to Klipsch community and it's understanding members. you'll be surprised if you know discriminatory forum diyaudio.com has banned me and some other Iranian just for being Iranian.

Edited by Arash

I just found out my hands are tied and can't send you any parts, even if they're free.

I can PM a schematic to you though, okay?

Not all Muslims are extremists. My neighbor for many years was an Egyptian named Fawzi, and she was an awesome person.

• Like 1

I just found out my hands are tied and can't send you any parts, even if they're free.

I can PM a schematic to you though, okay?

Not all Muslims are extremists. My neighbor for many years was an Egyptian named Fawzi, and she was an awesome person.

Uh that is your kindness if you can do that! I really appreciate you.

yes all Muslims are not alike. they are good people as long as don't try to shove their religion into other people! if everything about religion was personal, this world would be paradise. the problem is when they are worshiping their God, they feel like they've found a gold mine (maybe Eldorado) and they should take all other unconscious people to their cave!