OT, latest project.

CECAA850

IMG_0281.jpg

I've been commissioned to build a subwoofer box for my son's truck. I'm being

paid with quality time with my son which is good enough for me. The box is basically finished other than the Duratex finish. It will house a 15" driver. The conceptual box started at 5 cu ft tuned to 35 Hz. As you can see, the box would not fit in his truck so we lopped the top R corner off. I'd guess it's about 4.75 cu ft now but that still should be very close to ideal. He's running 3000 watts with 2 batteries on it.

Edited by CECAA850
  • Like 1

:o I wish my dad would or would have(he did but not with a box that nice) help me like that :) your son is very lucky!! Very, very nice work indeed! You almost gotta be thinking keep it for yourself! Jk....Nice work!

• Like 2

I couldn't fit in in anything I own.

It looks rough now but if you close your eyes and run your hand over the box, it all feels like one solid piece. You can't feel any of the seams or nail holes. It should turn out nice when finished.

WOW, that looks like it's going to be a really cool washing machine! :P:D

It's going to sit right behind the drivers seat :o. We removed the seat directly behind it and measured the area we had to work with. (note to self, look up next time you measure :blink:). We're using the existing seat bolts to secure it to the threads in the floor.

I couldn't fit in in anything I own.

It looks rough now but if you close your eyes and run your hand over the box, it all feels like one solid piece. You can't feel any of the seams or nail holes. It should turn out nice when finished.

Years ago the best body man i ever knew(or "fleet body man" at least no doubt theee best) always told me(and his sight was terrible lol) You see with your hands...it took me years to understand that. I was his boss when he started at that ambulance shop...2 years later he indeed was my boss lol I thought i knew it all lol wow did i learn the hard way lol :lol:

That is a complex box design but it looks great. I really wish I would have paid more attention in wood shop. Now I am at the mercy of craftsmen like yourself when I need something built. Looks great man!

Edited by K5SS

That is a complex box design but it looks great. I really wish I would have paid more attention in wood shop. Now I am at the mercy of craftsmen like yourself when I need something built. Looks great man!

Me too...I passed on wood shop...didnt even consider it...possibly one of my biggest regrets to this day...

As much as that beast weighs, it's a good idea to buckle it up for safety too. :)

As usual, great work! I know what you mean about quality time with your son. I do that every chance I get with my boys. Cat's in the Cradle is a damn sad song my friend.

• Like 3

IMG_0308.jpg

Driver. I guess I should have unraveled the wires for a better pic. I had never heard of this brand before but I guess if my son knows about them, they're big in car audio circles.

LINK 36 mm of x-max and 91dB. Should get pretty loud with 3000 watts. He has an 18" Ficaraudio Bl in his closet, I have no idea why he didn't use that driver. Maybe looking for a smaller box? I don't know.

EDIT, I think he has the copper coil, I linked the aluminum coil version.

Edited by CECAA850

Looks nice as usual Carl. One nick-pick, I still don't have my under Belle subs.......

I could have sworn you stopped dialog on that. As soon as this one is done, I'm building 2 under Lascala subs for hugeroost.