UPS is coming back

REDdawn6

Just got my Klipsch RC62 II and hooked it up but the baby is sleeping ... ugh. Thi is a thing of beauty!!! Cant wait to listen. I had gone to the dark side and was bnought some B&W 605, but the ned matching center is like $&%). I got this on Ebay From Sound_Distributers for $400 !!! open box never used. Cant wait to get the matching bookshelves for fronts. !!!

Edited by REDdawn6

Now I have to get rid of thoses B&W`s and get a set of matching boofshelf ones. RB-61 II to be exact. That sub on the right is a SW115 , I really like it but the power cord ( any cord I`ve tried on hand ) Rattles !!! Such a nice sub but I constalty rattles at louder volumes. Any ideas ?

Edited by REDdawn6

congrats you will love the rb-61's over the bowers for sure. and as far as the rattle is it coming from where the plug plugs into the sub? if so maybe try putting a wooden shim in there to make it tight or a folded piece of paper. or i guess anything that would create a shim to make it very tight and not have any room to rattle.

Just got my Klipsch RC62 II and hooked it up but the baby is sleeping ... ugh. Thi is a thing of beauty!!! Cant wait to listen. I had gone to the dark side and was bnought some B&W 605, but the ned matching center is like $&%). I got this on Ebay From Sound_Distributers for $400 !!! open box never used. Cant wait to get the matching bookshelves for fronts. !!!

Congratulations!! I also received my klipsch center channel via ups today....what a delight to say the least. Cheers!!

• Like 1

Im still just looking at my center in admiration of the klipsch quality...mines a vintage kp250 with cane grille that just fits into my theater like butter...It was a gift as well which is quite appreciated. Words cannot describe my new center. Its a very rare perfect match...

• Like 1

• Moderators

When you get the RB-61ii you won't have to turn the center down. My guess is the Klipsch have a MUCH higher sensitivity than your current bookshelves and thus require much more power from your receiver to reach the same volume as your center.

Man, oh man. Just watched 3:10 To Yuma , 1st time since DVD. Im really glad Ive been waiting on that BR to watch. Sounded great. ,Im definately stoked to be back w/Klipsch.

ajoker2c : that a hell of a find for your buddy, hes gonna be happy.

• Like 2

I just had a run in with these B&W speakers. Dear lord are they sexy. Just curious why you decided to go back to klipsch? They seem every bit as high end as klipsch... And seemingly in smaller packages. I saw a theatre setup at a local theatre store and they sounded pretty dang good.

How do these compare to the reference series? They didn't seem like they could hold a candle to palladium, but perhaps B&W has a series that is positioned to compete with klipsch premium line. Still a very pretty looking set, I was torn between B&W and klipsch. B&W seems to be all the talk locally.

• Moderators

I know I have always loved the sound of B&W and Klipsch. I have owned a few B&W DM601 S2, 602, 604 S2 and 604 S3 and when it came down to it, to my ears, the Reference Series was the obvious winner. I really enjoyed the low punch of the 604 S3 (especially at low volume) but when you crank them up loud, the B&W began to show their weakness. Bass gets muddy and highs begin to break up. The Reference Series does not have as much bass at lower volume but the clarity and ability to crank with clarity was the choice for me.