JBL Vintage Mega Horns - $100 (Andover)

minermark

I was going to buy some of those a little while back and I didnt because I was told they were skwanky... I've never heard them personally, at least knowingly.

Mr. Keele received the 2001 TEF Richard C. Heyser Award for contributions to loudspeaker measurements. In 2002 he received a Scientific and Technical Academy Award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for work he did on Cinema constant-directivity loudspeaker systems and is listed in the AES Audio Timeline where he pioneered the design of constant-directivity high-frequency horns in 1974. I believe this is the horn which Don received an Oscar for.

From 1972 to 1976, Mr. Keele was with Electro-Voice, Inc. in Buchanan, Michigan, as a senior design engineer in loudspeakers, concentrating on high-frequency horns and low-frequency vented-box loudspeaker systems. He is the primary designer of their "HR" series of constant directivity horns on which he holds the patent. For one year, starting in 1976, he worked for Klipsch and Associates in Hope, Arkansas, as chief engineer involved in the company's commercial line of loudspeakers. From 1977 to 1984, he was with JBL, Inc, in Northridge, California, as a senior transducer engineer working on horn and monitor loudspeaker system design. He also holds two patents on JBL's "Bi-Radial" series of constant directivity horns.

http://www.xlrtechs.com/dbkeele.com/

• 2 weeks later...