$500 LaScala Pair in Provo Utah

billybobg

They look like they've had better days. They're a bit beat and the seller acknowledges that one tweeter doesn't work.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=29978384&cat=&lpid=&search=klipsch&ad_cid=1

There are also some better looking KHorns ($2200) and Cornwalls and Heresy's listed in the classifieds there.

Edited by billybobg
  • Like 2

I am going to get these. Please nobody call the guy and tell him they are worth more. (seems crazy but it has happened before). It will take me an hour to get there. I wish everyone could give the locals a chance for a day or two before putting stuff here.

Edited by bobdog

I wish everyone could give the locals a chance for a day or two before putting stuff here.

Post it and say you are on the way. We are fair people here.

If we had a list of people by area willing to help or looking to buy, that would be useful.

I feed deals to friends in their local area all the time, but I don't know everyone.

Sometimes posting things gets in the way, other times it get a fellow forum member a great deal.

It is a tough call. The best deals though, so you need to jump on them.

Good luck, I hope you get the La Scala, they are one of my favorites.

Edited by opusk2k9
  • Like 1

I went to get them, and decided to pass. They are worth $500 but they need quite a bit of body work. I just refinished one to an auto body type finish and for all the work it took I could have worked overtime at my job and paid for a brand new pair of Lascalla IIs. These were in worse shape than that one was. I thought if I could just lightly sand and spray fresh paint it would be worth it, but these need more. Again they are probably worth $500 just not to me.

I don't mind the idea of the alerts section but in the past some overenthusiastic members have taken it upon themselves to call sellers and let them know what they think the item may be worth, even if that value is wrong.

• Like 1

Bobdog, Thanks for the appraisal on the LSs. Agree, it's also just plain bad form to "alert" a seller. Quite frankly, I think I'll wait a few days and if they don't sell I'll see if the wife will let me take them on as a project. Lemme see, landscaping the yard, laying a laminate floor for the wife's craftroom, finishing the wood model truck and trailer, don't forget the bass bins for the LSI tops, re-capping the Lascala's in the theatre room. What's one more project. I'm fortunate to have a large shop, so I'm leaning toward going for them.

I added a clone Academy (all factory parts) to the one you sold me and recently scored a pair from up in Cache Valley so I'll soon have 7.1. Four Academy surrounds for about $700, yours being the most costly :o Oh, yeah. Add some shelves for the two new Academys. The guy up in Cache Valley knew the worth, he was just hungry and had found the Academys at a garage sale for very cheap. He made money, I got a good deal. Both parties happy

Bobdog, Thanks for the appraisal on the LSs. Agree, it's also just plain bad form to "alert" a seller. Quite frankly, I think I'll wait a few days and if they don't sell I'll see if the wife will let me take them on as a project. Lemme see, landscaping the yard, laying a laminate floor for the wife's craftroom, finishing the wood model truck and trailer, don't forget the bass bins for the LSI tops, re-capping the Lascala's in the theatre room. What's one more project. I'm fortunate to have a large shop, so I'm leaning toward going for them.

I added a clone Academy (all factory parts) to the one you sold me and recently scored a pair from up in Cache Valley so I'll soon have 7.1. Four Academy surrounds for about $700, yours being the most costly :o Oh, yeah. Add some shelves for the two new Academys. The guy up in Cache Valley knew the worth, he was just hungry and had found the Academys at a garage sale for very cheap. He made money, I got a good deal. Both parties happy

Oh, your the one that bought it. I sure regret selling now. Hopefully you have been happy with it.

Oh, your the one that bought it. I sure regret selling now. Hopefully you have been happy with it.

I've really enjoyed it and sorry for your regrets. I remember you telling me that you didn't think that it would work as a center channel. I took your advice and also built my squating Lascala for the center channel. That guy in Cache Valley had one more Academy that had a few cosmetic blemishes. You could probably talk him down from the $200 he was asking.