WTB: Klipsch Heresy's in Chicago

Sprags

Greetings!

I'm a new member and to be honest I signed up with the intent of looking to buy a pair of Heresy speakers. I'd prefer them to be in really good shape both visually and electronically. I live in the Chicagoland area and I'd be willing to travel a few miles if they are worth it. I'd be willing to pay a decent price too if they are in exceptional condition.

I'm actually considering buying new ones too.

Thank you.

Blake

Thank you. Are buying new worth the investment? I'm looking to keep these forever to use with my VTA ST-120 (Tubes4HiFi) and Cary SLP 03. I had Polk Audio LSiM 703's on that system and they sounded good but after putting the 703's on my Yamaha CA-2010 I decided something a little more efficient was in order and the Heresy's seem like they'd be a good match with my tube setup.

• Moderators
Are buying new worth the investment?

Ultimately, that is a question only you can answer. ;)

I've bought new Klipsch speakers and I have owned many quality used and even mint Klipsch speakers. I prefer the price of the quality used gear myself. :D It all comes down to preference and what's important to you (original boxes, new smell, perfect condition, warranty etc).

Thanks for all the input. Got a PM from a member that asked me which model of Heresy's I am interested in. I take it there have been revisions throughout the production of the speakers. Can someone offer me a brief history of the speaker or a link to one if there is such a document?

Edited by Sprags

owner101 with 0 posts was the 'member' that messaged me saying he has a pair of Heresy's. He also gave me an email address. I emailed. He then asked me what model of Heresy speakers I am looking for. Now I see others have gotten messages similar to this.

I have a pair of late model (in their series) original Heresy in nearly perfect oak veneer with cane grille cloths. Very vintage and groovy looking, they come with the slant riser bases. IMHO, the newer models have a bit more bass (they use a different woofer and crossover) but the cabinets are made of MDF which some don't care for, and the veneer is paper thin and dents easily. PM me your email addy and I can send full set of photos of these beauties. Asking $650 for the pair, much less than new pair of H III. Located NE side of Indianapolis. Can drive and meet but visiting here is an experience you'll not forget.

Edited by colterphoto1

Man i wish i had money to go meet colterphoto1....gives me goosebumps just reading his posts(for years and now finally again)lol he's a real legend....i may have to tape my mouth shut on that one lol

everybody should bow! or i will for each and every one of us :)

Buy with confidence from colterphoto1, he is great to deal with.

Thanks mang - geez you got it as bad as I do... look at that list of speakers. Every time I see one of you guys line it all up and take a super photo, I think 'I had a small part in that'. lol