Reference series and CRT displays

GiLL

Hiya folks!

Long time Klipsch fan here. I am looking to buy a new pair of speakers for my game room and want to go with a pair of Reference series. I am thinking either RF-52 II towers or RB-61 II bookshelves. They are right in my price range.

However, my game room focus's around retro games and consoles (and maybe a couple arcade cabinets) and the main display I plan to use these with is a Sony CRT (PVM-2950Q 29 inch RGB monitor). I know the current Reference series aren't magnetically shielded any longer but I am wondering if anyone here has used either the RF-52's or RB-61's with a CRT and how far away they had to keep them so they wouldn't affect the picture.

My other choice is to go with the Synergy series which I know are still shielded. But I would really rather go with the Reference ones.

Also, has anyone had a chance to direclty compare the RF-52's and RB-61's? Sadly my nearest Klipsch Reference dealer is quite a drive away, so it isn't easy for me to directly compare them myself.

Thanks!

You said its in your price range. What price are you getting on them? If you are paying close to retail. We can find you a good deal and save you money or even get you bigger better speakers. I would say the rf52 and rb61 would be really close. I would try and get the rf62. What is your price range?

You said its in your price range. What price are you getting on them? If you are paying close to retail. We can find you a good deal and save you money or even get you bigger better speakers. I would say the rf52 and rb61 would be really close. I would try and get the rf62. What is your price range?

I'm not sure if it's kosher to mention pricing, but the RB-61 II's (in cherry) are $399 pair at Crutchfield and the RF-52 II's (in cherry) are $275 each/$550 pair. Free shipping. And to be honest, I kinda dig the cherry over the black finish.

Edited by GiLL

That is a good price. You might want to call Acoustic Sound Design. Talk to mike and see how much he can save you. You have to call to get the best deals. Let him know what your looking at and the price you have. Im sure he can save you some money. Not sure how much. Hes in that 70% range from what I have seen. So would not be a lot.

I've owned them both 52's will have a tad more bass since larger cabinet but 61's will have a fuller sound due to

Larger horn. If you ever plan on having a sub I'd go with the 61's hands down

Edited by Scrappydue

Thanks for all the help guys.

I went ahead and manned up and bought the RF-62 II towers! I got the cherry ones for $800 shipped for the pair from Crutchfield.

Super stoked to get these. I use to own the older Reference version of these...the RF-25's. Had to sell them many years ago and have been wanted another pair. Loved the sound they produced.

I also have a set of Forte II's, but they might go in the living room of the new house i am buying. The Reference towers are for the game room.