Custom Dynaco ST-35

justinsweber

For sale is my stalwart Dynaco St-35. Built on a larger studio chassis to allow for higher quality built and greater attention to the power supply and filtering. All parts were 100% new. The amp is approximately 2 years old with view light use as a backup system and to demo my speakers.

Transformers are exact reproductions form Chicago magnetics which builds the transformers used by Rogue Audio, same laminations, interleaving and unique UL tap. The Amp makes use of the stock Dynaco driver boards with 12WD7 driver and a pair of EL84s. Tubes are EH12WD7/ Sovtek EL84M (Miltary) All tubes have been tested on my Hickok Tube Tester TV7 and test new. The Stock Dynaco ST-35 was known as the poor mans Mcintosh MC275 due to its unusual fidelity. Output is 22watts RMS with 28watt peaks. Noise is below 3mv. . . 1.4v to full power make it possible to use with an Ipod or passive volume control. 4ohm and 8ohm taps. All the modern conveniences you'd want in a ST-35 while maintaining its classic topology and sound.

Justin 323-868-9722

$600 plus shipping.

gallery_36992_31_77779.jpg

gallery_36992_31_69326.jpg

gallery_36992_31_67042.jpg

I’ll take pics later this week. The wiring is very clean as well.

It’s a Stockish ST-35 (No DC blocking 1pf cap), larger power supply and use of choke regulation.

The real claim to fame is the Classic St-35 sound with all the modern convinces. (Modern speaker jacks, power switch and IEC).

So it appears my fondest wish has come true.

A Forum member wants to trade his B&C750s for my amps... .SOOOOOOOO BAD ASSSSS.

I have the Split La Scalas, Eliptrac horns, ordered my Ap12-500s and now Ill have the needed driver !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Turns out that an amp I did several years ago (RCA curcuit 6fq7/EL84) became his through Dave Harris.

He thought the workmanship was familar and reached out... Seems like a great way to benifit us both.

Edited by justinsweber
  • Like 1