RIP D*i*c*k Wagner (and censorship run amok)

DizRotus

D*i*c*k Wagner and the Frost used to play at our TGs (short for TGIF parties) at MSU in the late 60s, early 70s. He was the real deal, playing with Grand Funk Railroad, Lou Reed and others. It makes one feel real old.

PS:

It's annoying that we're not trusted to use the short form of Richard in this forum without censorship. If every word that can have a double meaning is converted to a series of *****, we soon won't be able to write or read anything. This forum needs sophistication. Censor, if necessary, based on context and intent, not spelling. If motivated, I could write prose that would make the author of Fifty Shades of Grey blush, and not trigger a single asterisk. It's how you use words and letters that matters, not the letters or words themselves.

If you don't believe me, just ask **** Cheney, **** Clark or **** Butkus.

DFP20140731_11.pdf

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I agree. I'll change that. It's not about trust on our parts. It's just that long ago, I imported a huge commonly-used list of words that should not be used on what would be considered a "family" forum (mostly for the racial slurs contained therein). I wasn't aware that "Dick" was in that list.

• Like 1

I agree. I'll change that. It's not about trust on our parts. It's just that long ago, I imported a huge commonly-used list of words that should not be used on what would be considered a "family" forum (mostly for the racial slurs contained therein). I wasn't aware that "Dick" was in that list.

Thank you Chad.

Dick Wagner would also thank you if he were still with us.