NEED a nice set of vintage speakers

rbaumer

i texted the guy and he replied that the speakers say chorus on the backs... he sent me a photo of the backs, i cannot read the tags but there is no passive subwoofer, if that helps to identify them

The mystery continues. :unsure::ph34r: A portless/passive wooferless pair of Chorus I's.

Bill

i have to send a thank you out to sancho panza for hooking me up with colterphoto1, got to visit his workshop yesterday... all i can say is wow!

...and of course, i must also thank colterphoto1 for inviting me to his place and sending me off with a beautiful pair of walnut forte1's! thanks a ton, you are the man!!

• Like 4

if you find a pair of Chorus loudspeakers you can simply add extender tubes (7" long) to the existing vents and you will then tune them as low as the Chorus ll go. Both the Chorus and Chorus ll use the identical woofer in the same size cabinet so both can be made to play just as low. The Chorus ll does have the advantage of a better sounding mid horn and they are well worth looking for. Best regards Moray James.

Keep in mind in the I vs II debate that the mid horn for I is exponential 90 degree (like Heritage line), the II's feature Tractrix 60 degree horns, which might be preferable for some listening situations. Imho 90 = wider sweet spot but possible early reflections from nearby walls (unless corner loaded), 60 degree smaller sweet spot but more direct sound and perhaps a bit less 'forward' to some musical tastes. A lot of this is very subjective. I'll post soon a thread in 2 ch with the curves we took off the entire series as well as some valued Forum listening evaluations. Currently I have Quartet, forte II, and Chorus II - so the entire family of the most recent. Initial listening to all of them was very pleasant, with a lot of similarities.