Klipsch, if you make a new RSW-15 or better....

Shodrewken

I may have misunderstood but I thought you meant they didn’t offer the impact you needed do you use only these 2 in your setup Bill

I Have the RT-10d's in the left/right front corners flanking my RF-63's.  The SB13+ is on left side wall and the B15 on the right side wall both firing behind my main listening position.

The RSW-10d under the coffee table is now in the living room with my RB-75's.

Bill

post-24680-0-24720000-1408999432_thumb.j

I had a rt-10D, it was pretty good, pretty musical. Just the 10" i felt was to small to move the amount of air i wanted it too.

My pair of RT-10d's sound fantastic with music and complement my Revel B15 and SVS SB-13 Plus with HT, but they would never alone have the impact for HT that I "need".

Bill I had the same exact problem when I owned the RT-12d. now it was an amazing sub and I only had 1 but my space was smaller as it was before we had our custom home built. In the smaller space it definitely sounded great but what we have come to experience and expect from home theater bass just couldn’t be had with the RT12d and I don’t think even 2 of them would have brought that impact I had with the THX ultra-subs. Even the 4 of them had their drawbacks but they were the best subwoofers I have ever owned. I haven’t heard their KPT subs but I have no doubt they are great. Just not WAF by any means lol. I also had an RSW10d and I wish I never ever gave that to my father. I would love to have it in my 2 channel Lascala setup now. I wouldn’t be suprsied if Klipsch new line of speakers has a new 15” sub in the mix that is up to par with some of the other more notable subs in the $2,000 price point as the PB-ultra 13 is.

Bill

The drawback of the PB-13 Ultra is once you start plugging the ports to tune the subwoofer to your liking you get unwanted port noise added to your sound, not bad at low levels but once you start throwing down some power it becomes very noticeable.

My mistake, i see you were referring to the SB-13 and not the PB-13.

not gonna lie owned a pair of ultras for a year and listened at ungodly levels and never heard port noise at the 15 hz tune.

I had a rt-10D, it was pretty good, pretty musical. Just the 10" i felt was to small to move the amount of air i wanted it too.

My pair of RT-10d's sound fantastic with music and complement my Revel B15 and SVS SB-13 Plus with HT, but they would never alone have the impact for HT that I "need".

Bill I had the same exact problem when I owned the RT-12d. now it was an amazing sub and I only had 1 but my space was smaller as it was before we had our custom home built. In the smaller space it definitely sounded great but what we have come to experience and expect from home theater bass just couldn’t be had with the RT12d and I don’t think even 2 of them would have brought that impact I had with the THX ultra-subs. Even the 4 of them had their drawbacks but they were the best subwoofers I have ever owned. I haven’t heard their KPT subs but I have no doubt they are great. Just not WAF by any means lol. I also had an RSW10d and I wish I never ever gave that to my father. I would love to have it in my 2 channel Lascala setup now. I wouldn’t be suprsied if Klipsch new line of speakers has a new 15” sub in the mix that is up to par with some of the other more notable subs in the $2,000 price point as the PB-ultra 13 is.

Bill

The drawback of the PB-13 Ultra is once you start plugging the ports to tune the subwoofer to your liking you get unwanted port noise added to your sound, not bad at low levels but once you start throwing down some power it becomes very noticeable.

My mistake, i see you were referring to the SB-13 and not the PB-13.

not gonna lie owned a pair of ultras for a year and listened at ungodly levels and never heard port noise at the 15 hz tune.

You probably got used to hearing it and no longer noticed the noise, its a common problem due to the design.

Klipsch has there big cinema horn sub but it would be awesome if they can make a horn sub for there average HT consumer.

What...the 1802 fits in my living room nicely...it is big and bad.

Wish you were closer, i would love to compare a full size THT to the 1802.

We could add up how many pissed off neighbors come over to complain about each cabinet and make a pie chart.

• Moderators

I think just about all of us would.

I mean, come on...just look at them.

gallery_25073_7_261895.jpg

Is that not one of the most beautiful things you've ever seen in your life?

Why thank you.  That just happens to be my sub in my room.  :D 

It's funny how many of my photos show up when you search for Klipsch RSW-15.  :P

I have to agree, the RSW-15 is an amazing sub.  Would love to find him a brother, even if he's from another mother.

• Like 2

• Moderators
I decided to get the RT-10d's for three reasons, they are drop dead gorgeous

I can't agree with you more Bill.  I absolutely LOVED the cherry finish on them.  Here is some eye candy of Bill's twins.

Klipsch-RT-10D-6.jpg

Klipsch-RT-10D-7.jpg

Klipsch-RT-10D-8.jpg

Klipsch-RT-10D-9.jpg

Klipsch-RT-10D-10.jpg

Klipsch-RT-10D-11.jpg

Klipsch-RT-10D-12.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

It took 2 - 3 weeks before I made a decision to finally sell my RF-83's since I've had them for so long.  A local guy would text me every two days telling me he had cash in hand, ready to come pick them up.  He even sent me a text of the money laid out on his bed.  LOL

But after listening to the LaScalas for 3 weeks, I was 100% assured the LaScalas sounded much more detailed and except for the bottom end (which isn't a problem when using my RSW-15), the LaScalas were the superior speaker and I have not had one single day of regret or remorse since the RF-83's have been gone.

It took 2 - 3 weeks before I made a decision to finally sell my RF-83's since I've had them for so long. A local guy would text me every two days telling me he had cash in hand, ready to come pick them up. He even sent me a text of the money laid out on his bed. LOL

But after listening to the LaScalas for 3 weeks, I was 100% assured the LaScalas sounded much more detailed and except for the bottom end (which isn't a problem when using my RSW-15), the LaScalas were the superior speaker and I have not had one single day of regret or remorse since the RF-83's have been gone.

I can’t’ say the same Youth! I miss my RF-83s in Black very much. I wish I never sold them. I haven’t listened to my new Lascala’s yet but I plan to have power to them next week. Then maybe I can finally put that remorse to rest. Your images look stunning every time I look at them again

• Like 1

It took 2 - 3 weeks before I made a decision to finally sell my RF-83's since I've had them for so long. A local guy would text me every two days telling me he had cash in hand, ready to come pick them up. He even sent me a text of the money laid out on his bed. LOL

I can’t’ say the same Youth! I miss my RF-83s in Black very much. I wish I never sold them. I haven’t listened to my new Lascala’s yet but I plan to have power to them next week. Then maybe I can finally put that remorse to rest. Your images look stunning every time I look at them again

i'm betting cause your just like me and you like a little more laid back sound for music. and also the thx are just not good with music at all. i easily regretted selling the 63's when i got the thx stuff.