RC 64II- ebay $699.99 OBO

Raz0r

From what I see in most cases, the RC62 is about $350-400... the RC64 is about $1250-1400... so I guess that is 4x more technically in most cases. I still see it as quite a huge leap in cost. Maybe the horn is that much better to add $1000 to the cost. Just seems like a huge delta too me, but I am a new noob to most of this area, so I will defer to the more extensive knowledge of the forum vets on that area.

From what I see in most cases, the RC62 is about $350-400... the RC64 is about $1250-1400... so I guess that is 4x more technically in most cases. I still see it as quite a huge leap in cost. Maybe the horn is that much better to add $1000 to the cost. Just seems like a huge delta too me, but I am a new noob to most of this area, so I will defer to the more extensive knowledge of the forum vets on that area.

Most of the extra cost is the wood finish. The bigger cab, extra drivers, and better horn also. Plus its built here in hope and not on a china line. I think when it was 1200 retail it was priced better. I paid less than 800 for a new A stock 64ii. And I dont know anyone who has paid 1250-1400 (But Im sure people have).

I have owned both these speakers and the 64ii sounds a lot better imo. But I can see how some one could make a case for the 62 as a better value.

I did a side by side comparison of the 62 and the 64 in my living room. They are both fantastic speakers but there is no way the 64 is worth 3x + the price of the 62, especially if you have capable subs in your system to handle the low-end. 

The 64 sure is purdy though.

Both are truly fantastic center channel speakers. 

Edited by K5SS

I did a side by side comparison of the 62 and the 64 in my living room. They are both fantastic speakers but there is no way the 64 is worth 3x + the price of the 62, especially if you have capable subs in your system to handle the low-end. 

The 64 sure is purdy though.

Both are truly fantastic center channel speakers. 

Fair enough.