WHich amp is best

@1618

Hey guys I looked on the forum for an answer but maybe I didn't go back far enough. I have the KLF 30's for fronts, c-7 center and ksw 12 sub but my question is which amp would best pair with the 30's. Currently I am using the Marantz av8003 preamp and the Emotiva xpa-5 2 amp. I am always reading about the Carver or Parasound amps and wonder if one of these would produce a warmer sound from the 30's. I did replace tweeters with Crites and had some minor change, bi-wiring did help but in clarity but not very noticeable. Anybody have have better rewarding sound with other amps?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Contact Justin Weber at ampsandsound.com.  He will build you  a tube amp that will knock your socks off.  Keep the XPA-5 with the sub and the center, and you will be very, very happy....have fun....

http://ampsandsound.com/products/amps/stereo-15-special-edition/

Edited by jimjimbo
  • Like 1

Contact Justin Weber at ampsandsound.com.  He will build you  a tube amp that will knock your socks off.  Keep the XPA-5 with the sub and the center, and you will be very, very happy....have fun....

http://ampsandsound.com/products/amps/stereo-15-special-edition/

Concure with Jim as long as your not looking to pizz off your neighbors.

you have an ok amp but you have stock poly tweeter diaphragms in your KLF30. Those poly tweeter diaphragms are probably the worst Klipsch ever used. The tweeters are K79 which are excellent motors and very good horns. So contact Bob Crites and update your KLF30 with new caps and fresh titanium tweeter diaphragms. Bob will suggest you include an extra filter section to go with the ti diaphragms your call I have used both and I have no problem with the ti diaphragms and no extra filter. I have the added filter in my two sets of H3 and all my other Klipsch used the ti tweeter diaphragms no filter sound fine.. Best regards Moray James.

It sounds like you are wanting quality over quantity this round.  I think a drastic change is in order, even though EMO is not known for upper sound quality and great noise floors.  Tubes may be the way to go, but if you are wanting to stay with solid state, look at Outlaw and ATI amps. Both are dead quiet, have extremely low THD numbers and aren't too sterile when it comes to sound.  These are two of the best out there for the money IMO and I would take either before I went with Carver, Parasound or any of the other mid level names.

look at Outlaw and ATI amps. Both are dead quiet, have extremely low THD numbers and aren't too sterile when it comes to sound. These are two of the best out there for the money IMO and I would take either before I went with Carver, Parasound or any of the other mid level names.

I love ATI amps.  High current and great top ends.  They'll really push a woofer.

As far as Carver goes, I've always enjoyed the TFM series.  The higher up in the series you go, the better the SQ but even the lowest level amp sounds great (to me).

• Like 1

look at Outlaw and ATI amps. Both are dead quiet, have extremely low THD numbers and aren't too sterile when it comes to sound. These are two of the best out there for the money IMO and I would take either before I went with Carver, Parasound or any of the other mid level names.

I love ATI amps.  High current and great top ends.  They'll really push a woofer.

As far as Carver goes, I've always enjoyed the TFM series.  The higher up in the series you go, the better the SQ but even the lowest level amp sounds great (to me).

90% of all my Klipsch are driven with Bob Carver power! Talk about moving woofers my TFM-55x will push my Chorus II's like no other! I got a few of the Carver cubes 400t's they are fun. Over the years I have bought and sold amps and just played with the different sounds they have. I find it to be fun.

Now what I am talking about is my 2 channel system. I am working on my theater system and for that I might go with the Sunfire or the Emotiva? Don't know yet.

Anyway play and have fun :-)