whats driving your RF 7 II's

tempestious1

This is just a wild guess, but here goes.  

Does that Yamaha have a speaker impedance setting on the back?  If so, is it set to the low impedance setting?  That could be the issue, as the low impedance setting reduces available power, with earlier onset of clipping and protection circuitry.  It's there to protect the amp from thermal damage, but does not help driving low impedance loads at all.  In the high impedance setting the receiver will produce full rated power, clip less, but generate more heat.

i have a yamaha rx-a2030 and it cuts off at about 3/4 power Klipsch rep says i don't have enough power the speakers are turning my receiver off due to distortion at the high end of my receiver  i need at least 300 watts for each speaker 

Make sure you don't have wiring touching each other at the amp end and speaker end of the chain.  That avr should have enough power to drive the RF 7II's to ear bleeding levels.  I have ran my RF 7's off a Sony 100 watt amp without problems.  I use a tube hybrid amp for 2 channel  with only 80 watts.  The tub amp will also reach ear bleeding levels.  Last resort, there is a proble with the avr.

Amp power ratings are not the complete story. There are wimpy 150 watt amps and gut busting 60 watt amps. Multi-channel receivers are not know for their unlimited power output. However if you want to play you have to pay. A Parasound A51 (or the cheaper A21 if a stereo amp works for you) would solve any issue you might have.

yes klipsh told me that i called because i thought i had blown the right speakers horn it sounded distorted at high levels and cut out he recommended  more power at least 300 watts distortion occurs at the top end of the volume so its best to have some in reserve something like that and i cant change the impedance 8ohms only i'm pretty sure. they're bi-amped one internal amp for each channel i think if i use only one amp put the binders back in  don't get me wrong they crank out some sound but the house 6 doors away can't hear them very good and i don't think they should cut off

All Yamaha RX series have Impedance Management onboard.  You should be able to switch between 4/6 and 8.  If it's like the V2500, you'll need to do this using the boot menu on the receiver itself.  I've powered 7s on my 2500 before, and it's only putting out 130 RMS per channel.  I'd check my configuration first, and if you don't get any results, I'm willing to bet your receiver is bunked. 

found it eco mode was off i changed the impedance i'm gonna try them out  

Excellent!  I'm not sure I'm a fan of how Yamaha has totally digitalized all of it's features.  I was happy enough with just flipping the tab to switch impedance (it took me a while to find it myself when I did modifications to my receiver).  At any rate, that should do the trick, if not...there might be another problem, and it might not be cheap either.