Pretty blue lights. (Marantz 2265)

Rick J B

I got a wild hair this afternoon and decided to let this old girl sing a bit. I've only had this a few weeks and other than simply powering it up and listening to the radio for 5 minutes I hadn't really done anything with it yet. My plan is to turn Paul loose with it as his schedule allows and get her in ship shape. But I wanted to see what it would sound like with a digital input. So I hooked it up to the little SB-1's and a cheap DVD player and have been enjoying some Steely Dan and Pink Floyd here in the office.

Its just sitting on a milk crate in the corner the wife calls the bone yard. But no matter, it sounds good. B)

2265_002.jpg

• Like 1

I got a wild hair this afternoon and decided to let this old girl sing a bit. I've only had this a few weeks and other than simply powering it up and listening to the radio for 5 minutes I hadn't really done anything with it yet. My plan is to turn Paul loose with it as his schedule allows and get her in ship shape. But I wanted to see what it would sound like with a digital input. So I hooked it up to the little SB-1's and a cheap DVD player and have been enjoying some Steely Dan and Pink Floyd here in the office.

Its just sitting on a milk crate in the corner the wife calls the bone yard. But no matter, it sounds good. B)

2265_002.jpg

Beautiful Marantz.

Hard to argue with your choice of demo bands. :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

Bill

• Like 1

I was looking at a Marantz some time back and telling myself I did not need another receiver.  Well they turned it on and the "Pretty Blue lights" hooked me.  I brought it home.  I think it was the 2285B that I gave to my cousin after a trip to the tech to make sure everything worked right.

Yea I like the pretty blue lights when the are on a Marantz.  

Not so much when their in my rearview window though. 

• Like 1