George Cardas' listening room

tube fanatic

• Moderators
russ69, on 15 Oct 2014 - 1:26 PM, said:russ69, on 15 Oct 2014 - 1:26 PM, said:

dtel, on 15 Oct 2014 - 1:16 PM, said:dtel, on 15 Oct 2014 - 1:16 PM, said:

DeanG, on 14 Oct 2014 - 2:50 PM, said:DeanG, on 14 Oct 2014 - 2:50 PM, said: I don't get the "here, listen to my system using YouTube, using your phone, PC, laptop, etc." -- it's not like we're going to come any where near what you're hearing over there.

True, I think that setup in the video needs some serious adjusting, it sounds like my computer speakers.   :(

Maybe he needs a cable change?

Russ you must realize it's lampcord only here, wouldn't want to have these Neanderthals trying anything better, it would be a waste of good wires. :ph34r:  :D   

Actually your right, my monitor has a little buzz because it's the wrong cord. But the biggest reason it sounded so bad was my computer speakers which are built in the screen sucks.

Edited by dtel

• Moderators
Im still trying to figure out why he would want a photo of himself looking like he was peeing in his pants in the vid. Or worse, making that face while holding your dog in your lap.

That's just what I said, kind of :o

I really thought my first post on page 1 was going to get me hung, but I got off light, everyone must have had a good day ?.

• Like 1

It's all relative.  To me, George's excess is . . . . well, excessive . . . . the little wooden supports for the cables and the particle accelerator re-purposed to a turntable.  But I doubt George gives a fig about my opinion.

On the other hand, most people satisfied with a sound-bar or HTIB  think my systems are excessive.  They look on tapped horn subs the size of a coffee table as evidence of chronic testosterone poisoning.  It all comes down to where we land on the audio continuum.  George is way out there, but we're closer to him than we are to Bose wave radio owners.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 3

• Moderators
George is way out there, but we're closer to him than we are to Bose wave radio owners.

Very true, but it is fun to make fun of things we think are silly compared to what we think matter. 

DizRotus, on 15 Oct 2014 - 7:09 PM, said:

It all comes down to where we land on the audio continuum.  

:emotion-21: