George Cardas' listening room

tube fanatic

• Moderators

Going to go out and just say it, what a clown......... 

All of that and not even room for another person to sit, not one friend of partner who may want to share ? Wires lifted by wooden blocks, your own wires are no good touching the carpet George ? A turntable that looks like something broken off the mars shuttle and a Lp that's warped and moving up and down. And be sure to hold the dog for the video and close your eyes and think how impressed you are.        

SORRY I feel better now, this is what I get for reading those stupid websites with reviewers pushing BS "improvements" like $40 receptacles and special cover plates, oil rubbed rosewood wire lifters, if your setup is to the point that this is your last improvement, congratulations, but I need to stay away from this level of silliness. Anyway he obviously needs more lifters there sagging to much in between, it will create lulls in the signal, only makes sense really, you would think George would know that ?

Edit............thought someone would have shot me in the back side for this by now........  

Edited by dtel
  • Like 6

Going to go out and just say it, what a clown......... 

All of that and not even room for another person to sit, not one friend of partner who may want to share ? Wires lifted by wooden blocks, your own wires are no good touching the carpet George ? A turntable that looks like something broken off the mars shuttle and a Lp that's warped and moving up and down. And be sure to hold the dog for the video and close your eyes and think how impressed you are.        

SORRY I feel better now, this is what I get for reading those stupid websites with reviewers pushing BS "improvements" like $40 receptacles and special cover plates, oil rubbed rosewood wire lifters, if your setup is to the point that this is your last improvement, congratulations, but I need to stay away from this level of silliness.

Edit............thought someone would have shot me in the back side for this by now........  

Oh they're loading their high price oxygen free Monster bullets into their carbon fiber high performance low harmonic distortion gun.  They are making sure that at no time static from the carpet interferes with the signal and clarity of the shot.  It takes time to fire this shot into your backside.  And now without further ado.... wait for it...

• Like 4

• Moderators
And now without further ado.... wait for it...

Well that didn't hurt, guess my wife has toughened it up over the years with all her shots ?

I apologize, I had no idea about that distortions gun , I'm just old time I guess. 

It is very nice equipment it just get's me going when I see things like cable lifts and a fancy turntable playing a warped record. 40 years ago I kept my Lp's in old wooden crates like milk crates and they were straighter than that.

• Like 1

For all the naysayers......

Don't knock tweeks until you try them. Everything makes a difference. The question is if you can hear it in your system, and whether or not it is cost beneficial. Let your ears tell you, not graphs and charts or objectivist dogma.

And although I don't care for his choice of music, I would take that Spotheim turntable any day of the week.

Shakey

For all the naysayers......

Don't knock tweeks until you try them. Everything makes a difference. The question is if you can hear it in your system, and whether or not it is cost beneficial. Let your ears tell you, not graphs and charts or objectivist dogma.

And although I don't care for his choice of music, I would take that Spotheim turntable any day of the week.

Shakey

Yes, and to finance it, I have some Oceanfront Property in Montana for sale. Any buyers?

• Moderators
Coytee, on 01 Oct 2014 - 6:28 PM, said:Coytee, on 01 Oct 2014 - 6:28 PM, said:

dtel, on 01 Oct 2014 - 3:51 PM, said:dtel, on 01 Oct 2014 - 3:51 PM, said:

Iffen you'd stop your prissing around, I'm trying to train my crosshairs on your buttocks

:ph34r:

:o  I'm not real good at prissing around, now prancing is another story altogether. 

Resolving systems and critical listeners can discern these things. It ain't for everyone..... Shakey

I am in the everyone group I guess ?  

Edited by dtel

Yes, and to finance it, I have some Oceanfront Property in Montana for sale. Any buyers?

Resolving systems and critical listeners can discern these things. It ain't for everyone.....

Shakey

Um, so speaker cables on the floor matters? F that.