mwm and msm

nd-irish147

Thanks guys, I'm on 'em.  These are from a friend of a friend locally. Long story behind them but basically there was a mountain of these at Jeff High School that went into storage at an old building where they were used once a year at a haunted house. Most got tossed into a dumpster when they demo'd the building, this guy was able to save only what he could put in his pickup that morning. Sad.  We're doing a big speaker swaperoo, hopefully I'll end up with a pair of LAB subs that my buddy (my sound engineer mentor) built. This means that my personal traveling PA will then be LAB with Yorkville U15, meaning that my Klipsch KP682/KP362 stacks  (2 subs and 4 tops) will go up for sale. 

• Like 1

We're doing a big speaker swaperoo, hopefully I'll end up with a pair of LAB subs that my buddy (my sound engineer mentor) built. This means that my personal traveling PA will then be LAB with Yorkville U15, meaning that my Klipsch KP682/KP362 stacks  (2 subs and 4 tops) will go up for sale. 

Hate to admit this, but it's putting me in the drool mode. I was going to build LAB subs originally for home, but certain personal and economic misfortunes prevented this. I'm hooked on the imaging/coherence of Unity/Synergy type horns. That's going to be one beyotchin setup. Mikey will likey!

• Like 1

If someone is drooling over these let me know, otherwise I'll probably buy em to keep in the family. They are not BG but are the manifold type MSM, not the single Gauss driver. Seller opened one woofer hatch and it's K43 steel frame as original. Says they all work fine. This is but half a stack of LF, no mid bass, no tweeties. But still it's a good start for someone's system. BTW - I just got a set of MTM's here that I'm reworking so will have those to offer in a bit. If someone ends up with these, I'd add the MTM definitely. 

If someone is drooling over these let me know, otherwise I'll probably buy em to keep in the family. They are not BG but are the manifold type MSM, not the single Gauss driver. Seller opened one woofer hatch and it's K43 steel frame as original. Says they all work fine. This is but half a stack of LF, no mid bass, no tweeties. But still it's a good start for someone's system. BTW - I just got a set of MTM's here that I'm reworking so will have those to offer in a bit. If someone ends up with these, I'd add the MTM definitely. 

It's not the best scenario to run MWMs much over 300 Hz. based on my measurements as well as Roy's curves from the chamber. In a home application, the Quad Manifold is overkill from a power density point of view and the Gauss would not go to 400 Hz., so yes, there are a few gaps to fill and the Tweeter is what is needed here. \

I was actually drooling over the LAB/Yorkville combo you will be "graduating" to. Been there, done that with MWM stacks. While it's arguably the best horn woofer Klipsch has ever made, it's just too clumsy and heavy for mobile applications, and wastes lots of corner space in a home situation. This is why I designed the Quarter Pie. It had all the quality bass benefits of the MWMs (minus about 5 Hz. on the bottom) and because of the QP's reflector and 90% fold, a better midrange response with the right woofer (negating the need for a Midbass). All horn woofer sections need subs anyhow, whether for PA, HT, or 2 ch. music. I mean CD's have had 4 Hz. response for 30 years, way beyond the non-linear/noisy sub 40 Hz. response of LP's but I digress.............

Edited by ClaudeJ1