NosValves NBS Linestage

Deang

• 2 months later...

Winter bump.

Cameron, what follows is Craig's response to that question:

"The extra output is a 12AT7 cathode follower. Basically the standard 6430 line stage signal from the plate is handed to the cathode follower to lower its impedance to drive long cable and low input impedance SS amplifiers ..."

So, for example, you could also run tubes and a subwoofer.

Point-to-point wired with Craig's meticulous craftsmanship. I was a surprised when this thing didn't move the first time around.

I have lawyers chasing me down from all of the medical bills I have, and I would really appreciate it if someone buy this thing!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe this is still available!

I think it has more to do with the time of year than anything else.  Christmas takes a toll on disposable income, at least for me it does.

Price also has alot to do with it , Im not saying its a bad price but even people that cant swing it always find away if the price is right .  GLWS

Maybe they just don't understand what they are getting for the price.  

Of course, that doesn't make the $ magically appear !

Thanks for the bump above Dean... I didn't see that until today.  Just so it is clear... is that extra output for subwoofer(s) a left and right RCA?

Subwoofer with a tube amp (L+ R) or, if you're not into the tube amp thing, it can be used to drive a solid state amplifier. The unit is somewhat unique in that it was a special order item.

Some here must be smelling the financial distress, as I'm getting a host of low ball offers. This place sure is different than it used to be. Ten years ago it would have sold in 15 minutes, and I probably would have found an extra $100 in the envelope. Some of the offers are absurd.

Many times I've paid people here their asking price just because it was fair.  If I think it is too high I won't even bother usually.  Are potential buyers looking for a steal or excellent sounding music?  I think the NBS is both!  

Your chance is now folks... Pony up