NosValves NBS Linestage

Deang

Lol. :)

We're almost over the hump I think - just waiting to see if Deb gets picked up on the new contract. If that happens, I'll probably just try to swing buying something to run with this thing.

The price was based on the previous seller's asking price, which I assumed was a good price, since everyone at the the time was saying what a good price it was - it's basically still new in the box. The low ball offers really bother me, But to be fair, we're only talking about a few people -- it's not that big of a deal really.

Dean, sorry for the troubles I know haw that goes..(Hope things improve quickly) Selling gear here can be a precarious thing we all love this place and hate to offend but experience has taught me that one must expect the low ball offers and ignore them, To be fair it seems all selling venues are taking the turn to head hunters looking for a steal.........................At any rate good luck with it dean and I hope things turn around and you get to keep it :D

Dean

While I truly hope you get your price, and the price is a fair one, the range of prices varies. I just bought a four month old NBS. with custom case, mm circuit, tube and cap upgrade, rca upgrades, and more for a little less than your asking price. I don't how low the offers were that you found offensive, but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion someone was trying to take advantage of your situation. In any event, your price is fair and I would guess tax refunds will change GLWS.

Ten years ago it would have sold in 15 minutes, and I probably would have found an extra $100 in the envelope. Some of the offers are absurd.

Yeah, 2005 was a different economic world for about 300M people. They had money then. That's half the story. To get the other half, compare the number of home theater and streaming media discussions around the audio forums to the number of 2 channel. Compare the number of Class D discussions to tube discussions. There is a wave I would describe as "modern hifi" washing on shore. Put those together = new world.

I'd even take it a step further and suggest that people are reducing the number of source inputs used for music playback, many of which have excellent volume controls. the dedicated pre-amp is becoming less of a requirement.

dangit - sorry Dean, I thread crap without even thinking about it sometimes. free bump.

Edited by Thaddeus Smith

I'd even take it a step further and suggest that people are reducing the number of source inputs used for music playback, many of which have excellent volume controls. the dedicated pre-amp is becoming less of a requirement.

I think this is probably very true... that is why I can not seem to find a useful place for it in my personal system, though I wish I could

bump it up

Edited by Schu

What makes this one special guys, is not only is it capable of several line level inputs to select, it absolutely in no way degrades the performance of anything that you could hook directly to your amps, like a DAC with a good volume control built in. In fact, it will improve most of them. This preamp is very damn good.

I use my NBS with my Totaldac gear, which sounds excellent direct to amps, but through this preamp, I get a bit better bass, and do not lose any resolution anywhere else. Using this preamp is still better! To be honest, most systems really do need a good preamp to sound their best. JME....

• Like 1

Perhaps to avoid future issues, we should note that the price is "firm" or "very close to firm" if we do not want offers, or offers that are not nearly spot on. I feel bad about this as I offered $1,200 based solely on what I paid for my four month old NBS with wood case, phono stage, upgraded tube and caps, upgraded rca jacks, and some other stuff I now forget. That NBS originally went for over $2,900.

So Dean, if I am the offending party, please accept my apology. I meant no disrespect or to take advantage of your situation. In fact, if not for your statement that you were being hounded by lawyers (bastards that they are), I would have kept out of it. I need another NBS like a sandpaper enema. (They are beautiful though).

I think we have demonstrated that we are a caring group and that is why I write.

GLWS

• Like 1

Perhaps to avoid future issues, we should note that the price is "firm" or "very close to firm" if we do not want offers, or offers that are not nearly spot on. I feel bad about this as I offered $1,200 based solely on what I paid for my four month old NBS with wood case, phono stage, upgraded tube and caps, upgraded rca jacks, and some other stuff I now forget. That NBS originally went for over $2,900.

So Dean, if I am the offending party, please accept my apology. I meant no disrespect or to take advantage of your situation. In fact, if not for your statement that you were being hounded by lawyers (bastards that they are), I would have kept out of it. I need another NBS like a sandpaper enema. (They are beautiful though).

I think we have demonstrated that we are a caring group and that is why I write.

GLWS

I dont feel $1200.00 was a bad offer at all for the NBS - No wood case no phono section .