Shinall KKS-1 speakers - $6500 (Robertsdale, AL)

opusk2k9

From listing:

http://mobile.craigslist.org/ele/4698239680.html

Shinall KKS-1
Corner horn speakers. 

$6500.00 

Perfect in every way. One of the best looking and sounding speakers you will ever see or hear.

Ok, let's get started. 
This pair of speakers was built by a man, in Texas, who personally knew, Paul Klipsch. His name was Gary Shinall. Mr Shinall asked Paul Klipsch, permission, to make his own version, of the Klipschorn ( K horn ), and other Klipsch speaker models. He was granted that request.

Mr Shinall made around 50 pair of speakers, and between 10 and 12 of these pairs, were Shinall KKS-1s.

It is my understanding that you could order a pair, and they would be ready for you in six months. Mr Shinall passed away in 2008. This information I obtained through the internet, and talking with other people, in the audio world. 

I personally, tried to track down, other pairs of these speakers. As you can imagine, with so few made, they are extreamly hard to locate. I found one pair in Texas, and the owner said," He was going to pass them down, to his son."

Ok, on to the speakers themselves,

This pair of KKS-1's, that I have, was the last pair, Mr Shinall made. This information came from the man who ordered them, and delt directly with Mr Shinall. I am the second owner.

The first owner, had Bob Crites supply him with all new interior components. Woofers, Mid ranges, Tweeters, and Attenuators. It was his preference, to use Crites products, in the Shinalls. Bob Crites, builds replacement parts for Klipsch speakers, when someone wants to upgrade, to a higher end.

The final result is an absolutely, outstanding, extremely rare, set of high end speakers.

I have personally listened to a wide variety, of high end speakers, and this pair, ranks and goes beyond most. They are''Without a doubt, the best, I have ever owned."

Here is some of the specs:
Rated at 400 watts, 
Weight of each speaker is 225, 
Size, 52" tall, 32" wide, 28" deep.

If you have any questions, you can contact me @

PH # Two51 Two13 - One388

Thanks and have a great day!!!!
Dean

http://mobile.craigslist.org/ele/4698239680.html

No affiliation.

post-51180-0-83720000-1413872859_thumb.j

post-51180-0-21240000-1413872918_thumb.j

I know this guy. Bought my pair of lascala's from him. I also saw these shinall kks1's while there and they are beautiful. Weren't hooked up so didn't get to hear them. But he is a very cool guy and i trust him absolutely buy with confidence. The bose amps were driving my speakers when i demoed them and sounded fantastic.

• Like 1

I know this guy. Bought my pair of lascala's from him. I also saw these shinall kks1's while there and they are beautiful. Weren't hooked up so didn't get to hear them. But he is a very cool guy and i trust him absolutely buy with confidence. The bose amps were driving my speakers when i demoed them and sounded fantastic.

Ditto - we've talked at length before! I was calling on a pair of Belle's that he had for sale but they were already gone. He told me about these and said that he had thought about selling them. Very good guy from my neck of the woods. 

• 3 years later...

This same set just showed up again, and now they have been delisted.  The photo with the trash can in the back (well, it looks like a trash can) is the same scene as in the listing....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shinall-KKS1-audiophile-high-end-speakers-Ultra-rare-/291566250563?_trkparms=aid%3D777000%26algo%3DABA.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D33747%26meid%3Dc4b1a6a65921459f9d06eef4db6b94e5%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D291562962065&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=%2Bud%2FZh5z4DpUqV6LGCwbgVnfOcE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Oh, and the description text is identical too.

Dean is an OK guy. Sold him two sets of La Scalas some time back and we talk periodically since then. What he has is to rich for my blood but then I am a cheap skate and enjoy the hunt and fixing up of bargains not that they always turn out that way.

• Like 1