I Blame All Of YOU!

The History Kid

I assume no responsibility... I have exactly one pair of speakers/one set up.

Though I did see a pair of RB 81's and the new SW15 that both looked extremely nice... and I would have taken either of both home.

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

I'm a history major (ph.D track)...I'm just...not done yet. lol

Then you must know that history repeats itself....  as such, you are doomed to acquire more & more speaker stuff....

Bigger & bigger until your kidney stones pop.  (ok, that was weak, I was merely trying to tie it to another thread)

Then you must know that history repeats itself.... as such, you are doomed to acquire more & more speaker stuff....

Oh the humanity!!!

Bigger & bigger until your kidney stones pop. (ok, that was weak, I was merely trying to tie it to another thread)

Haha, that's alright...I followed it.

I know that I'm damned to eventually own a pair of LaScala's and a pair of Belle's...it's inevitable.

When I started on this forum in August - not that long ago - I had five Klipsch reference speakers in my bedroom.  That was it...that was all of the Reference stock I had.  Oh sure, I had my quintets in the office...and Jamo speakers from before they were Klipschborne - but pittance compared to some of you lot.

Somehow...I now am touting a 7 channel reference setup in one room, a 4 channel in another, a 5 channel setup in the living room, and a 2 channel in another room...all Reference.  5 to 18 in shy of 3 months.

I hope you're all very satisfied with yourselves! :o:D:P

I know that I'm damned to eventually own a pair of LaScala's and a pair of Belle's...it's inevitable.

That seems to call for a double thumbs up!

al bundy thumbs up giphy.gifal bundy thumbs up giphy.gif

• Like 1

However, if it's in relation to Byzantine art...I'm fairly decent at understanding and identifying it.

I'd love to have your opinion of this I did for a class I put together on music in faith and religion.  Whilst I love the Dufay, I am thinking about recutting it to Randall Thompson's "Howl Ye" from "The Peaceable Kingdom."  That piece really has a feel of absolute horror as it must have felt to the citizens, while the Dufay is purely incredibly deep sadness at the fall of the city as seen from Europe.  There is some other Byzantine music elsewhere on the site and some art I am sure you'll recognize as well.

Even historians don't really emphasize or even seem to understand the massive impact the fall of Constantinople had on the west that is felt even today. 

Dave

I'd have to agree.  Constantinople was the gateway to the west for many centuries.  I think it is largely underplayed by Rome - logistically and Biblically it is more of a staple of holy land than Rome would be.  Architecturally it's a marvel as much as Rome is as well.  Sure you have the Pantheon, the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican (to name a few), but you have things such as Hagia Sophia in Constantinople.

Not only that, but I think if there is one thing that totally encompasses the idea of the pain and suffering of Europe at the fall of that city - it's the Janissaries. That's a painful story as well, and I think it embodies that harrowing feeling of Europe at the time.

Good stuff on there...I'll have to read into it a bit more with my accompanying texts.  (There's nothing better than a good ol' fashioned book!)