Party!!

sseymour

quote:

Originally posted by justin_tx_16:

I have been waiting like 5000 posts ago for my new name.... they say they have one for me but just have not imported it yet. Oh well.

Justin, you are responsible for about 7% of all the posts ever made to this forum! Well done! That's amazing considering there are thousands of members, including several others at the answering machine level.

This message has been edited by tripod on 07-31-2002 at 07:36 AM

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by tblasing:

Justin-

I thought you had a Range Rover!

I DID have one. It was totaled during Tropical Storm Allison in houston. It ened up in the Buffalo Bayou. My brothers car, Isuzu Tropper II, also was totaled. I did not think anything could destroy that car because, it was water tight (we though) and made of 14 guage steel. But I guess flooding can really mess up anything. My brother was driving his into down town to pick up my dad cause his car certainly could not handle the water, and he stalled, that was the end of that car, good ridance. My car was just parked, the waters rose really fast and I was at home with no way to get to the car.

Some day I plan to get a new Range Rover, but the new ones are so hideous looking. I hate them. The Discovery's did not change, but the Range Rovers did, and that is the one I liked. Lets just hope that by the time I have THAT much money to waste they will have a design that does not make the front of the car look like the 'face' of a fly.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

Justin. The Audi A4 1.8 T (turbo) is the cheapest Audi, as about $30,000. The A4 3.0 is a non-turbo, but is about $5,000 more expensive, with the bigger engine and better interior, and is around $35,000. Dare you not describe either of those cars as basic Smile.gif

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

mine was $25,000 and came with 4500 miles allready on it. the dealer said it was driven from new york and used as a test drive car. i really did not care cause it was a lot cheaper that way Smile.gif that is how we got my brothers car too, the pos it was... and it is a 2001 bought in 2000, called my dad Wink.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

s>

Justin-

I know what you mean about the looks of the new Rovers. My sister has a three year old Discovery in Jersey. She brought it down to my parents last year and it looked like you could push it over on it's side just standing next to it.

My hopes of the 300M may be deminishing. By the time I can afford one (paying for the whole thing in cash) it looks like it'll be a 300N or some other letter. Looked at the H but most convertibles don't do it for me.

HEY! If your hoping for a NEW Rover why not look at a Hummer?? Those are only $100,000+ or so. Talk about go anywhere! Getting diesel is a bit of a problem where I live so I would have to look at an early one that had the 454 Chev engine. Oh, well.

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

This message has been edited by tblasing on 07-31-2002 at 02:00 PM

quote:

Getting diesel is a bit of a problem where I live so I would have to look at an early one that had the 454 Chev engine. Oh, well.

It's hard to get diesel in Ohio?! Huh? Eek.gif

This message has been edited by tripod on 07-31-2002 at 03:14 PM

1000s>

------------------

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

1001s>

------------------

i took three CRAPPY pics of my Audi. Look at the last one with the black on the bumper. I was chased one night down 249 and Louetta and one of the cars scraped me, just barely. Anyway, we are tring to press charges, but having a problem findin out who the ppl were. long story, i won't get into it unless you ask.

Audi%20001.jpg

Audi%20002.jpg

Audi%20003.jpg

it is a nice car Smile.gif i really enjoy it! i am selling my Accord, anyone want it haha. No, I think I will sell it to my friend, she just totalled her Civic.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

s>

What are the specs on the car? Not like what brand of thread they used on the seat stiching, but just the basics?

quote:

So, how does it feel to officially have no life?

LuV'in iT!

------------------

the specs? gosh I don't even know. according to Audi website...

but first, funny you memtioned the seat stitching. I meant to tell you that these were of the most comfortable seats I had ever sat in. Th eleather is perforated so you don't get hot or sweaty or sticky, you stay cool rather, and it is super soft. they are extremly firm at the same time though... just great seats! Smile.gif

170 hp 1.8 liter with 5-speed manual transmission and quattro® all-wheel drive

Turbocharged DOHC inline 1.8 liter 4-cylinder with 5-valves per cylinder and hydraulic lifters

Displacement: 1.8 liters (109 cu. in.)

Bore: 3.18 in.

Stroke: 3.40 in.

Compression ratio: 9.3.1

Horsepower (SAE net): 170 @ 5900 rpm

Torque: 166 lb/ft @ 1950-5000 rpm

Performance

0-60 seconds

manual, FrontTrak®: 7.8

multitronic, FrontTrak®: 7.8

manual, quattro®: 7.9

Tiptronic®, quattro®: 8.5

Top track speed: 130 mph¹

EPA fuel economy estimates²(city/highway)

manual, FrontTrak®: 21/29

multitronic, FrontTrak®: 20/29

manual, quattro®: 21/29

Tiptronic®, quattro®: 19/28

And the audio system is pretty nice too Smile.gif i think i said that allready...

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

s>

First, it's fake leather, thats only available on the A4 3.0 or above, sorry! But, hay, I LOVE the seats in the car.

I just wanted to know

1.8/3.0

Tip/5-speed

Front/Quattro

Optional options

Thats it!

After that, I will know everything Smile.gif (Que meniacle laugh, buhahahaha!!!)

------------------

Fellas,

Hero worship of the Audi?

For that kinda money a Detroit boy would get a Mustang GT.

I smoked many a Porche in my GT back in the 80s; but I guess American cas are too droll in the current day.

The Germans need your dollars to bolster the EURO anyway.

Oh, at least in Houston, you don't have so many GOD D*** hills so you have to jack up the hand brake at every f'in signal unless you want to roll back into some jacka$$ in a Ford that pulled up 2 feet behind you!!!

Other than that, driving a stick is fun!

Could you imagine driving a stick in SF? I mean, a car with a auto will roll back on those hills!!!

NOW:

I want a diesel sedan!!! The Jetta TDI is nice, but I want a 3.0 L. TD in a Passat or a BMW. That would be SWEET!!! Smile.gif

We had a ~3 L. turbo diesel Volvo in England as our car. How about 90 MPH at 1900 RPM's? City traffic without ever touching the gas pedal? Uber torque is uber! Smile.gif

------------------