Help setting new system up

EKBI

Well i Got the system up and running. But on my old Harman Kardon. My 1 week old Onkyo nr737 is under repair [emoji21]

But tell me: is the surround speakers to high?

They sit 180 cm above floorlevel (aprox 6

feet)

cf90191289604d69ee6050317c46606a.jpg

Thats what Klipsch recommend. Listening position is only 110-120 cm above ground. (3-4 feet)

The sub is unbeliveable!!!! Never heard such god sub. When my receiver comes back (maybe next week) i'll have to set the sound and play a little with the position of the sub.

68521748627d586e7ea69e73e923f5b0.jpg

Martin Pedersen

Denmark

• Like 1

But tell me: are the surround speakers too high? They sit 180 cm above floor level (approx. 6 feet)
That's a tough one to answer since the surrounds are so close to your listening position.

I'd try them at that position, then I'd try dropping them one foot (30 cm) and listen again.  This is probably going to be a subjective thing.

Chris

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the broken Onkyo. 

I think that height looks good. You don't want them too close to your head, so they aren't like headphones. (edit: Chris and I were answering at the same time)

It's up to you and the wife, but moving the TV and center speaker to the left so it's centered between the left and right speaker might sound a bit better. It's definitely not a deal breaker though. I'm sure it sounds great where it is.

The sub seems like a problem where it is. It's blocking some of the sound from the left speaker. Is it too big to fit at the end of the sofa?

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 1

The sub is just placer there until i get my receiver back from repair and i'm also waiting for a coax cable.

I have to move the sofa all the Way to the right to make room for the sub. My guess is that it will the best place it for Sound and perforamance. But when moving the sofa to the right and the tv plus center to the left, you'll be way of center from the back surround and the tv?

Martin Pedersen

Denmark

with the brick you don't have many options, I would just get these little clamps that are double sided tape and then paint over them and the wire with the same color on the walls.Or drop them down lower and wider on stands. I had an old loft apartment that was brick and did that with mine back in the 90's. Love the rug also, had mine in brown and white.

• 2 weeks later...

Believe it or not, The Guardians movie is excellent as it has extremely excellent sound quality and will have you wondering if it's the movie or someone else in the house. I have my set up in 9.2 and you wind up turning your head when "The Boogieman" is whispering and bouncing back and forth. I also like Chris Isaac's Wicked Game for music,you can almost feel like you are in the room with them,even with just a normal cd. Brother In Arm's is excellent also. Constant Craving (KD Lang), and if you're into dance or techno, anything from Labouche fast paced as you'll get both bass response and highs and her vocals are very strong. I like to listen to about 5 different music genres to fine tune the speakers. Any Floyd,Sarah Mclaughlin, or the above mentioned,and Eagles.

• Like 1