Klipsch Pro vs Klipsch Forte for LCR

davecraze

I am planning my new theater in a dedicated room (3300 cubic feet) and, although I will have a screenwall and AT screen, I will only have 13-14 inches of depth behind the screen for the front LCR. 

Currently thinking about the Klipsch Pro 310 or 325 due to their shallow depth, but thinking outside the box a bit, what about three Klipsch Forte three-ways instead?

Am I stupid to even consider that over the Klipsch Pro 310?

Thanks for any advice.

• Moderators

Wow, I had no idea they were that thin.  I think they would make an AWESOME setup behind an AT screen.  I have not heard any of the Cinema series but I bet if you ask Pro_Cinema_Head and Scrappydue, they will say go for the Cinema Series. 

• Like 1

Get the 325 all the way. Imo thats an amazing value for what you end up with. The 325 has the 510 horn and the monster b&c driver that sounds really good. Im sure the 310 would also sound good but the 325 is a big step up and the way to go imo. 

Used klipsch heritage is a pretty hard value to beat as well. 3 fortes would cost less than one new kpt325. So the forte would be the better value probably. I would still go with the 325 in a heat beat. Sometimes the best value isn't the way to go. I think speakers can fall in that category. 

Edited by Pro-Cinema_Head
  • Like 1

I bet Scrappy will chime in tomorrow with a similar vote. :D

ohhhhhhh boy another future pro owner.

Man kpt-325 with the monster b&c. Please

Don't even think about it anymore. Just get them over the forte. Me and ref head both own Cornwalls (heritage 3-way) and kpt-904 (same as kpt-325 minus a 15) and we both feel night and day difference over the heritage that we own. Pro really is Klipsch's hidden gym. And to me with the 325''s only being a foot deep they are very doable for just about anyone.

This will be your best upgrade ever most likely. Need we say more?

• Like 1

i was thinking the http://www.klipsch.com/KPT-335-BM. 12.25 inches in depth.

It has the same MF/HF driver(335HF) set as the KPT435 which i own personally. its pretty hard to beat. While its easy for me to spend your money, using the K510, and K703, i like your upgrade options a little better down the road. 

The guys are right, value of the Forte is hard to beat, but longer term, i like your options a little better if you go with the KPT335.

Again, i say all that knowing its easy for me to spend your $.

• Like 1

Thank you very much, Guys. Always great to hear from folks who actually have the equipment in question.

The 325s (heck, even the 310s) are probably much more than I need since I generally don't listen above -20 or so. I'd probably be using them to less than 10% of their capability, but I guess overkill never hurt anyone.

• Like 1

Behind the screen, the KPT's are a no-brainer IMO. Besides, who wants to put a beautiful set of Forte's behind a screen where you can't look at them?

Since you are putting all this stuff in, are you thinking about some ceiling speakers to do Dolby Atmos? I don't think anybody here has taken that step yet...

• Like 1

Behind the screen, the KPT's are a no-brainer IMO. Besides, who wants to put a beautiful set of Forte's behind a screen where you can't look at them?

Since you are putting all this stuff in, are you thinking about some ceiling speakers to do Dolby Atmos? I don't think anybody here has taken that step yet...

i believe there is a few members on the Klipsch owner thread on avs with nice almost setups. I'm not sure if they are members here. There also a lot of guys over there I'm glad aren't members here lol. I just can't participate over there. It's bad. Lol Edited by Scrappydue

i believe there is a few members on the Klipsch owner thread on avs with nice almost setups. I'm not sure if they are members here. There also a lot of guys over there I'm glad aren't members here lol. I just can't participate over there. It's bad. Lol

Lmao  :emotion-21:

Sure is nice seeing more people experiencing & enjoying the cinema line.  If you can fit 'em in there, get 'em!

Looks has to be the biggest reason more people don't have them. Some of these would look awful in a normal living room.  Making matters worse they are really huge. But I have found they can be made to look pretty cool for a little cash and a tiny bit of diy.