Drum Solos ? Any thoughts?

minermark

Running Godsmack ...again, it seems to have the "Energy" im looking for, and my system seems to like it.

I need a concert, it's been a couple years, Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs would do it.

Try Social Distortion, they should be around your way about now. Saw them in October with my kids in the 1st row, kids got a guitar pick from him and a drum stick. Awesome concert, nice small venue, we were about 6 feet from him. I've seen about 500 concerts in my life, and have to say this was one of the best for raw music and energy. 

Good call, im really in the concert mood lately.

And im one of those nuts that is always 10 rows from front, whatever it cost, it's worth it. :emotion-19::emotion-21:

Same here,my ears are always humming for 2-3 days afterwards when I'm done with a concert. I have taken my kids to see Brian Setzer, B-52's (we met them before their concert),Bon Jovi, Social -D, Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and 2 others. I have 13 year old triplets and a 10 year old and have been taking them to concerts since my little one was 4. I was on stage with Rob Zombie when he was still White Zombie, was on stage with George Clinton, The Smithereens, Offspring, and was backstage with U2. I've crowd surfed with one of my sons also. Going to take them to see Maroon 5 in March.

Running Godsmack ...again, it seems to have the "Energy" im looking for, and my system seems to like it.

I need a concert, it's been a couple years, Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs would do it.

Try Social Distortion, they should be around your way about now. Saw them in October with my kids in the 1st row, kids got a guitar pick from him and a drum stick. Awesome concert, nice small venue, we were about 6 feet from him. I've seen about 500 concerts in my life, and have to say this was one of the best for raw music and energy. 

Good call, im really in the concert mood lately.

And im one of those nuts that is always 10 rows from front, whatever it cost, it's worth it. :emotion-19::emotion-21:

me too.  just mentioned to a co-worker $300 for a Heart concert -- he said $300 how many tickets do you need?  I said “one…you don’t expect me to sit with the common folk do you.”  Recently was in row five for YES -- fantastic show.

I grew up in the OC, ticket scalper on harbor/newport blvd,  id tell them what i wish to see, they ask what is my budget? i tell-em 6bones two tickets, always got within the first 10 rows, spoiled me on scalpers, they do have their place.

One time @ irvine ampitheater got a limo included for zztop.........those were the days.

P.S. just came to mind, my date was Chers double, how in the hell i ended up with that, ill never know,.

Edited by minermark

I grew up in the OC, ticket scalper on harbor/newport blvd,  id tell them what i wish to see, they ask what is my budget? i tell-em 6bones two tickets, always got within the first 10 rows, spoiled me on scalpers, they do have their place. One time @ irvine ampitheater got a limo included for zztop.........those were the days. P.S. just came to mind, my date was Chers double, how in the hell i ended up with that, ill never know,.

Sweet (not the 70s band, i mean cool).  I remember the Irvine amphitheater--haven’t been there in years.  Very familiar with harbor/newport blvd area.

I’m a beach north. Been here 20 years; but, getting bored.  Think i want to give someplace else a shot for awhile--not totally isolated; but, with some nature around me instead of a bunch of people (took me over an hour to drive 13 miles today)--gridlock everywhere. 

Edited by BigStewMan

I grew up in the OC, ticket scalper on harbor/newport blvd,  id tell them what i wish to see, they ask what is my budget? i tell-em 6bones two tickets, always got within the first 10 rows, spoiled me on scalpers, they do have their place. One time @ irvine ampitheater got a limo included for zztop.........those were the days. P.S. just came to mind, my date was Chers double, how in the hell i ended up with that, ill never know,.

Sweet (not the 70s band, i mean cool).  I remember the Irvine amphitheater--haven’t been there in years.  Very familiar with harbor/newport blvd area.

I’m a beach north. Been here 20 years; but, getting bored.  Think i want to give someplace else a shot for awhile--not totally isolated; but, with some nature around me instead of a bunch of people (took me over an hour to drive 13 miles today)--gridlock everywhere. 

Last time i was down there was daughter was 10, took her to Disneyland and swore id never return, she is now 24 sp im doing ok.

I dont miss that 405/91/605/5 or even beach blvd, get the hell outta there.

I miss some of the older groups not touring anymore, there aren't many groups out now I'd go see, and the ones I did see that are still touring shouldn't be. I did get to sit next to Laurence Fishbourne at a Lenny Kravitz concert in NYC.That was 3rd row. Worst concert I ever saw was The Allman Brothers, Dickie Betz was an hour late and said hello New York, while we were at Giants Stadium in New Jersey. Sound wise I'd have to say Floyd, Clapton, Brian Setzer ,Joe Satriani, and David Bowie were the best I've seen. Audience inclusion would have to be U2 and George Thoroughgood.

• Like 1

Last time i was down there was daughter was 10, took her to Disneyland and swore id never return, she is now 24 sp im doing ok. I dont miss that 405/91/605/5 or even beach blvd, get the hell outta there.

91 has to be the worst freeway ever created.  I’ll walk through Compton before I’ll drive that freeway again.  Today was the 5, 55, 57, and 405 … then MacArthur Blvd from The John Wayne Airport westward (that surface street was just as bad as the freeway).  If you ever do make it back here--you’ll like the traffic more than the cost of getting into Disneyland.  Not sure; but, I’ll bet it is $80-$90 to get in these days…i haven’t been there in a few years; but, last time i was there heidi klum was there too!

Edited by BigStewMan

I miss some of the older groups not touring anymore, there aren't many groups out now I'd go see, and the ones I did see that are still touring shouldn't be. I did get to sit next to Laurence Fishbourne at a Lenny Kravitz concert in NYC.That was 3rd row. Worst concert I ever saw was The Allman Brothers, Dickie Betz was an hour late and said hello New York, while we were at Giants Stadium in New Jersey. Sound wise I'd have to say Floyd, Clapton, Brian Setzer ,Joe Satriani, and David Bowie were the best I've seen. Audience inclusion would have to be U2 and George Thoroughgood.

Saw George two years ago in Reno opening street vibrations. never did a stadium before.

Saw George two years ago in Reno opening street vibrations. never did a stadium before.

1st stadium I ever did was in Giants Stadium to see Aerosmith, Guns and Roses and Deep Purple. People were lighting chairs on fire with Smoke on the Water,and some guy was running around naked punching women in the face,until he got the crap beat out of him by people.George came out into the audience while playing his guitar imitating knighting people with it. He played for over 2 hours.

Edited by Jim

Last concert was Butthole surfers and they were getting old, walked out on alice cooper about half way through, this guy is getting older as well as jethro tull, man what a waste of money/time driving that guy was.

Just talking with a friend today about some of the older groups still touring.  Kansas lost it, so have the Stones. Yes, Queen, Foreigner, and Heart are still excellent shows.  Best I’ve ever seen was Queen, next was Roger Waters. Worst…Blue Oyster Cult. I, too, have seen George Thoroughgood and the Destroyers…they were one of the opening acts for the Rolling Stones back in 1981 or 1982 along with J. Geils and Prince. 

Stones were good when they did Steel Wheels in Shea Stadium, the whole stadium was literally rocking. I've turned down tix for Kansas that were free,lol. I still want to see Heart. Floyd in Yankee Stadium was pure awe, Had 5th row seats and you could feel the heat from pyro, and the show was just jaw dropping for me. The lightshow, pyro, the wild boar blowing up and coming out of the walls on One of These Days with lasers shooting out of their eyes was ridiculous in a good way. Most off the wall concert was Biohazard and House of Pain, they played in a tent in Asbury Park.

Edited by Jim