AUDIO HANGOVER

eth2

So it's OK to use the AP-350 with this driver?  That isn't too low of a crossover for the DH1a or is the AP still a steep enough slope to be alright?

Al said the AP12-350 and the ES5800 would be the right crossover combination. It's all Greek (or is that "geek") to me though.

Also, I just got a Cary SLP-2002 tube preamp to go with Shakydeal's Quicksilver mono blocks.

Except for crossovers, I am FINISHED. Alka Seltzer please.

Edited by eth2

There is a guy who posted a pair of LaScala's on the Forum about a year ago and alienated a lot of people with his posts. He set the price for a pair of black LS's at $1250, said he would not negotiate, and refuses to allow an audition. He reposts them on several CL locations around me each week. Putting his attitude aside, for the $100 to $200 he may gain, he has them sitting, unused for all this time.

Go figure.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/ele/4802641470.html

Who doesn't want to pay a non-refundable deposit to not be able to audition them? Maybe if the "ingenious lifting device" was included, unless that's his wife...

I think the "ingenious lifting device" is a jock strap.

So it's OK to use the AP-350 with this driver?  That isn't too low of a crossover for the DH1a or is the AP still a steep enough slope to be alright?

Al said the AP12-350 and the ES5800 would be the right crossover combination. It's all Greek (or is that "geek") to me though.

Also, I just got a Cary SLP-2002 tube preamp to go with Shakydeal's Quicksilver mono blocks.

Except for crossovers, I am FINISHED. Alka Seltzer please.

Well, Al would know!  Good luck and HAVE FUN!  

Don't stress over your purchases.  Once or twice a year I make some decisions about what I can do without so I can get some cash back out.  It usually goes right back in but at least it isn't MORE money.

• Like 1

That's a funny ad.

<quote>I can't be waiting around for fools to come when they say they will then don't show. The balance will be cash only. No checks or funny NYC money stuff. I know how you guys are! Paypal is OK, but you must add 4% please.</quote>

Let's see how many times can he offend a potential buyer.  BTW...isn't Paypal 3%?  :huh:

Yeah but his professional paint job has...

Texture.

There is a guy who posted a pair of LaScala's on the Forum about a year ago and alienated a lot of people with his posts. He set the price for a pair of black LS's at $1250, said he would not negotiate, and refuses to allow an audition. He reposts them on several CL locations around me each week. Putting his attitude aside, for the $100 to $200 he may gain, he has them sitting, unused for all this time.

Go figure.

Who doesn't want to pay a non-refundable deposit to not be able to audition them? Maybe if the "ingenious lifting device" was included, unless that's his wife...

Actually, I think the ingenious lifting device is his ego....

• Like 2

Go figure.

I remember this exactly, back in my Klipsch huntin days.

Wonder if he ever got rid of them?

Go figure.

I remember this exactly, back in my Klipsch huntin days.

Wonder if he ever got rid of them?

No, he lists them in CL all over NY and Pa.

It has become a mission for him to at his price while insulting all buyers. Strange hobby.

For me, audio hangovers only come from purchases that don't work out. Fortunately, there haven't been too many of those in recent years, as my purchases were well researched (thanks to this forum and others) which avoids that problem. Even with a misguided purchase, I try to make sure I can recoup the purchase price if it is a "mismatch", as I did early on with my home theater. I found out that for me, timbre matching worked best by buying six Cornwalls (as opposed to Cornwalls/Academy/Chorus) and that serious low frequency reinforcement was in order (twin JBL pro dual 15" woofer cabs) instead of a more consumer line Velodyne. I learned from that experience, both by doing better research and planning the purchases better - by being patient. Impulse purchases without forethought tend to lead to "hangovers" - planned purchases done with patience tend to yield better results and satisfaction.