rc-64II with la scala's?

thisgsx

I'm listening to Genesis "Selling England by the Pound" on Bluray Audio in 5.1 right this very second... STUNNING with zero issues in timbre and this is critical listening in music... not movies.

Much more critical in my mind.

But once again, if you run flat, you probably wont like it... EQ it effectively and it works perfectly well.

Is it easier to just get the same "line" of speaker... probably. Does it work effectively, absolutely.

Edited by Schu

Will audessy be enough? I was thinking rc-64II for center, la scalas for mains, and rs-62II's for rears.

I didnt see this post... its not a matter if audessy or mcacc will be enough, you need to get in there and manually mix the center via EQ in the settings of your integrated receiver.

• Moderators
Ask youth. It's the best!

Here is my 2 cents.  For the longest time, the RC-64 was the absolute best center channel I had ever heard or owned.  Then one day, I messed up and came across a pair of LaScalas for next to nothing so I knew I had to buy them, even though I had no idea where I would use them.  It didn't take me very long to realize that to my ears, the LaScalas were MUCH more detailed than the RF-83's and the midrange was also superior.  I figured it was a long shot but I posted a WTB for a single LaScala and wstrickland "just happened" to have 3 he was selling and MichaelandKlipsch was interested in a pair.  Billy also "just happened" to be coming down to Florida and on his route to Clearwater, he would end up being 10 minutes from my home and offered to deliver the single LaScala to me.  I offered to send him money in advance and he said not to worry about it, I could just give him cash when he got here. 

I was pretty sure I would be selling the RF-83 / RC-64 but these were my babies....I was the original owner and they were in mint condition.  Needless to say, as soon as I hooked up all three LaScalas, it was immediately apparent that having a LaScala Trio was absolutely amazing.  Hands down, the LaScala was IMO in a totally different league than the RC-64. 

So my advice.....if at all possible......get a third LaScala.  There really is a magical sound when you have three identical speakers up front.

• Like 1

Youth,

I had about 2 weeks at one time where the wife and kiddo where out of the house. I brought the LaScalas in from the garage and put them just outside my RF-7ii's. Did some AB comparisons (not scientific mind you, just my ears) and my ears could tell no lie. The LaScalas won out for me. I'd never experienced imagining before that time either. It was so amazing to run 2 channel music and feel like you were surrounded by the concert!

I have full confidence if I LCR'd them I'd be just as happy as you.

• Like 1

It's doable but there's work involved. I run an RC-64 ll & La Scala mains. As mentioned upthread; Audyssey will get you in the ballpark but you'll need further manual EQ to  dial it in.

But once again, if you run flat, you probably wont like it... EQ it effectively and it works perfectly well.

Is it easier to just get the same "line" of speaker... probably. Does it work effectively, absolutely.

I can corroborate this statement..

post-28997-0-48760000-1418660722_thumb.j