Palladiums and McIntosh

wstrickland1

ATI AT2007:  http://www.ati-amp.com/at2000.php

It's made in the US and very clean sounding.  It provides ample power even at low impedance, but has very low distortion at low power too.

I originally got it to drive my RF-83's before I bought a used pair of LS II's.  In retrospect, had I known the speakers I'd end up with I'd have sprung for the ATI AT3007.  I think the AT2007 has plenty of power though considering a HT secrets review says a tube amp would work!  The bass I'm hearing is simply incredible, as is the imaging and mid-range.  These speakers have everything that I love about the LS II's, but with more mid-range detail and bass.

Absolutely perfect sounding after running audyssey pro (I don't have room treatments like I should).  The only thing I've heard that is comparable is the K-402 with the TAD 4002 drivers; they had a beautifully silk mid-range and unbelievable detail too.  However those TAD drivers are $3499 a piece now and hard to find.  Unfortunately, I have no room for K-402 horns on top my bass bins right now any ways :(

Congrats on the P39s….what are you driving them with?

I've heard of them but never heard them. I'll bet that combo sounds spectacular. How does it compare to the McIntosh amp that Billy had them hooked up to? 

Does anybody know why the P39s are sold as a left and right speaker, separate listing?

Left and right because of port location.

ATI AT2007:  http://www.ati-amp.com/at2000.php

It's made in the US and very clean sounding.  It provides ample power even at low impedance, but has very low distortion at low power too.

I originally got it to drive my RF-83's before I bought a used pair of LS II's.  In retrospect, had I known the speakers I'd end up with I'd have sprung for the ATI AT3007.  I think the AT2007 has plenty of power though considering a HT secrets review says a tube amp would work!  The bass I'm hearing is simply incredible, as is the imaging and mid-range.  These speakers have everything that I love about the LS II's, but with more mid-range detail and bass.

Absolutely perfect sounding after running audyssey pro (I don't have room treatments like I should).  The only thing I've heard that is comparable is the K-402 with the TAD 4002 drivers; they had a beautifully silk mid-range and unbelievable detail too.  However those TAD drivers are $3499 a piece now and hard to find.  Unfortunately, I have no room for K-402 horns on top my bass bins right now any ways :(

Congrats on the P39s….what are you driving them with?

I've heard of them but never heard them. I'll bet that combo sounds spectacular. How does it compare to the McIntosh amp that Billy had them hooked up to? 

Does anybody know why the P39s are sold as a left and right speaker, separate listing?

Left and right because of port location.

Oh I see that now….thanks.

• 1 month later...

I can tell you that P39f's on my ATI AT2007 amp (differential solid state amp, 300 Watts full bandwidth into 4 ohms with all 7 channels driven) sound fantastic!  The accurate sounding bass out of these things is mind blowing considering they aren't horn loaded.

On second thought, maybe not………….

• 2 weeks later...