Pioneer SX-1250 $700!

eth2

Opus found this a few days ago and I have resisted.

I am CURED!!!!!!

Yea, I thought you were seriously looking at acquiring one of these?  For that price I would jump if closer....

Happy to pick up for you (and store). :ph34r:

I bought an SX1010 in 1976 they were 110/ chan,  blue face, their top receiver then, or so I was told. Pioneer went to silver face in 77'. All said, a nice find. I do vintage restorations. You had better be in love with it to restore it right, because you'll never get you money back, you restore these classics for the passion of it, not to turn a profit, just like old cars.

This looks like a fantastic deal.

No affiliation

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/ele/4825887653.html

I bought an SX1010 in 1976 they were 110/ chan,  blue face, their top receiver then, or so I was told. Pioneer went to silver face in 77'. All said, a nice find. I do vintage restorations. You had better be in love with it to restore it right, because you'll never get you money back, you restore these classics for the passion of it, not to turn a profit, just like old cars.

This looks like a fantastic deal.

No affiliation

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/ele/4825887653.html

Certainly agree with Mr. Turtle regarding cost and passion....however....I own a bunch of these Pioneer units, 1250's, 1050's, 950's....and in my opinion, if you choose wisely, look closely, and test well, in a big percentage (at least in my experience, and maybe I've been lucky...) you may not have to do anything but some good Deoxit cleaning, a few lamp replacements, and a couple of very basic, easy voltage adjustments, that even a bonehead like me can do....(not difficult at all).  Now, I'm not saying at all that a lot of units shouldn't be recapped, but certainly I think there is a point of diminishing return to putting a bunch of money into them.  If I notice degradation in power output or quality at some point, then I'll move on it, but that has not been the case for over 5 years now.  I have gotten an enormous amount of listening pleasure out of these great receivers, that have both terrific visual and audio character like very few others.  That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

• Like 1

my brother has a one owner  SX-1280   i could get it cheap but it will need repaired

Well, getting it cheap but needing repair does not equal cheap.....and finding someone to do the (extensive? minimal?) repairs is not exactly easy either.