New Klipsch Owner Here!

wvkawboy

After having run Energy Take Classics with my SVS 20-39 PC+ Sub for over a year now, I was wanting to upgrade. I was first wanting to upgrade my center to a larger more efficient speaker but was also researching some towers. Went to an audio shop to look at centers & they had just taken in as a trade-in, a pair of Klipsch RF-52II's that we're in perfect shape clear down to the plastic over the grills, all in boxes just like new. Got them home & ordered the RC-42II as it fit perfect in my center channel space in my tv stand & waited. Got the Center delivered yesterday & finally wired them all up & did the auto-calibration with my AVR. I love them! I hope to eventually upgrade my Rears to either the RB-41II or RS-41II's but really the Energy Rears don't sound half bad with them surprisingly. With being so happy with these RF-52II's, I can only imagine how well the larger of the series sound!

• Like 1

Thanks! Now, if I can only figure out on my Sony AVR which is the best "Sound Field Movie Mode Setting" of HD-D.C.S. or PLII Movie or Neo-6 Cinema... It's confusing to me being relatively new to HT setup of which is best for the immersive surround sound.

Thanks! Now, if I can only figure out on my Sony AVR which is the best "Sound Field Movie Mode Setting" of HD-D.C.S. or PLII Movie or Neo-6 Cinema... It's confusing to me being relatively new to HT setup of which is best for the immersive surround sound.

If you have a DVD or Bluray, it should say on the disc which format it was recorded in, and the Bluray player and AVR will probably default to that.

I have an Onkyo TX-NR717 and it has several of the settings you mention.  I'm not sure if the Onk version translates into the Sony version.  I had a LOT of fun experimenting between the modes, and that's what I would recommend to you to find out what sounds best to your ears.

Those pre-sets make a LOT of difference in the sound.  If you choose a Cinema setting, it will bias the sound to the center speaker and is good for voice/dialog, TV sounds the best to me this way.  If you choose music, the bias is sent to the L/R speakers and you have a wider front sound stage.

I prefer the Neo-6 Cinema for TV watching, as it adds good quality voice from the center and better bass.  I think if you did a poll I might be in the minority as I think most people would prefer the PLII-Movie.  The differences are subtle, it just depends on how things sound on your stuff in your living room.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

If you have a DVD or Bluray, it should say on the disc which format it was recorded in, and the Bluray player and AVR will probably default to that.

I have an Onkyo TX-NR717 and it has several of the settings you mention.  I'm not sure if the Onk version translates into the Sony version.  I had a LOT of fun experimenting between the modes, and that's what I would recommend to you to find out what sounds best to your ears.

Those pre-sets make a LOT of difference in the sound.  If you choose a Cinema setting, it will bias the sound to the center speaker and is good for voice/dialog, TV sounds the best to me this way.  If you choose music, the bias is sent to the L/R speakers and you have a wider front sound stage.

I prefer the Neo-6 Cinema for TV watching, as it adds good quality voice from the center and better bass.  I think if you did a poll I might be in the minority as I think most people would prefer the PLII-Movie.  The differences are subtle, it just depends on how things sound on your stuff in your living room.

Very interesting observation.  I just came across this thread about 10 minutes after I decided to listen to some tunes on my HT set-up and I believe that PLII is the best sounding combination to my ears in my house, though Neo-6 is great too.  They each have a different sound of course, to each their own of course.

Edited by dbomberger