Time - Alan Parson's for BOXX

eth2

Boxx was my Dad- I think this is a very nice tribute to him. I hope to continue his legacy on the forum. I am touched that he touched so many lives here.

That would be a wonderful thing to do in his memory and great for our forum.  Welcome to the forum.  Come often and post often. :)

• Like 2

Boxx was my Dad- I think this is a very nice tribute to him. I hope to continue his legacy on the forum. I am touched that he touched so many lives here.

Welcome.  Your Dad was very liked and respected here. I “talked” to him often on this forum and always enjoyed it. I’m glad you’re reading the posts so you can see how much he meant to this place … and i hope that he knew it too.  

Very Kindly.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 2

Thank you to all. Forgive me, I am still learning how to post here. Even though I am of the "technology" generation, I will try to learn fast! I loved music as much as my Dad. We would often sit together at the bar in the kitchen and listen to all kinds of music and discuss...I will miss this so much. 

• Like 2

Is there a specific place on here that we "meet"? 

Your Dad was all over the forum; but, he was a staple in the Right This Minute thread.  That thread is just what you’d guess … sharing what you are listening to Right This Minute.  Of course there is other conversation and banter there; but, also a good introduction to new bands, new LPs, and good camaraderie.  You’ll be most welcome. 

Edited by BigStewMan

Boxx was my Dad- I think this is a very nice tribute to him. I hope to continue his legacy on the forum

Bet on it.  This isn't the normal modern gone and forgotten place.  Memories are enduring in this place, and Boxx was one tall Texan. 

Dave

PS-You'd certainly be welcome at the 3 Minute's til Miller Time Bar.  Boxx is the guest of honor tonight and a lot of toasting to him going on.  Better get there before we all get too slobbery...

Edited by Mallette

Favorite band: The Beatles. No question about it. I know it may sound cliched, but, really, they are my absolute favorite. 

I have a lot of variety in my music preferences...My Dad and I were very similar...I love Paul McCartney (solo and Wings). But, it's classic rock all the way. I always tell my students I love classic rock, or new music by classic artists. haha.

Favorite band: The Beatles. No question about it. I know it may sound cliched, but, really, they are my absolute favorite. 

I have a lot of variety in my music preferences...My Dad and I were very similar...I love Paul McCartney (solo and Wings). But, it's classic rock all the way. I always tell my students I love classic rock, or new music by classic artists. haha.

I like the Beatles … almost the best band to come from England. The best? Your Dad would know exactly what i was going to say next … Queen.  Now, they’re my favorite. I’ve met Brian May a few times and he’s a really cool guy. He helped me get a guitar that i was having trouble finding -- now that is my favorite guitar because of the story that it has attached to it. I used to tease your Dad because our music libraries were so similar. (since you mentioned Paul McCartney and Wings) here’s the kind of goofy story that I’d share with your Dad. Years ago, i had an extra ticket to see Queen. I asked my brother in law if he wanted to go. He said yes; but, thought that i said “Wings” so he was excited to be going to see Paul McCartney…not his biggest disappointment of the night either…in that huge arena, we were seated directly in front of his ex-wife.

• Like 1

we hope you’ll stick around.  

there are some really cool people here (as you’re finding out).  Sometimes it’s harder for me being on the West Coast--most of the forum is a few hours ahead of me and are often crashing for the night when i’m just logging on. But, I manage to get into the conversations somehow. 

• Like 1