Industrial La Scala's - Split Versions - Aluminum Trim

seanwmil

Think it's time to let em go. I always wanted a pair and now that I've had em a while it's time for someone else to enjoy them.

Bought these from the Virginia Tech Theater dept. A little rough when I got em. Now, fully restored. Rebuilt midrange drivers (were blown when I got 'em) from Bob Crites. Also had Bob go thru crossovers too. All drivers and crossovers work as new.

Cabinets were completely refurnished and repainted (truck bed liner coated). All aluminum trim refinished and clear coated.

Large Rubber feet added to bass sections as well as pocket handles on each side. Small rubber feet added to HF section to prevent bass section from damage.

These are in pristine condition and have not seen the road since I've owned them.

Again, time to let someone else play with them for a while. Taking offers over $2500. Anything less and I'll keep em. Pickup only. I will not ship. I'm in central Illinois (springfield) PM me or email me for pics. You won't be disappointed!

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I'll name my price. $3000. Pics? Be glad to post some. How?

Where? I'm not seeing an add pic icon. Let me know the procedure and I'll post em asap. Thanks!

To post pics, go to the more reply options next to the post tab, then hit the chose file tab, it will browse your computer….oh, and welcome.

• Like 1

they look just like a pair I own ,  I am not sure if you noticed but the speakers are very close to the floor and the aluminium trim will oxide as a result of being  close to a humid floor - a clear coat will not stop any oxidation as the surface underneath is not coated - 

-for your info -most of these split Lascala pro speakers were not coated with a truck bedliner paint on the birch plywood veneered wood but rather fiberglassed at the factory  for commercial applications -

are the pocket handles  KLIPSCH originals - small detail - otherwise - cool cabs -

• Like 1

True about the fiberglass. These cabinets were in a pretty bad state when I got them. Re-fiberglassing was not an option. With the time I put in refinishing the aluminum a bedliner finish was the logical and most cost effective solution. EXTREMELY durable and looks fantastic. The aluminum was clear coated on both sides while off the cabinets. Plus with the addition of rubber feet vs metal, should keep the tarnishing to a minimum.

Now that everyone has chimed in with their opinions....who wants to buy em? :)

• Like 1

As most on this forum know, Iv purchased a few sets of these over the years, that being said, Calif pricing $1200 to 1500.

Do not wish to rain on your parade, forum members have bought them from me at either the same price i paid or at a slight loss.

GLWS, these would be good trading material.

• Like 3

As most on this forum know, Iv purchased a few sets of these over the years, that being said, Calif pricing $1200 to 1500.

Do not wish to rain on your parade, forum members have bought them from me at either the same price i paid or at a slight loss.

GLWS, these would be good trading material.

What the market will bear.  Seems the price of Klipsch are holding steady and maybe even going up though the most I ever paid for even k-horns in pristine shape was $1500 and have sold pristine La Scalas for $800.  I wish you luck seanwmill on the $2500 though I don't think it will happen on this forum.  

If they are worth that much to you I would suggest hanging on to them.

• Like 2

What the market will bear. Seems the price of Klipsch are holding steady and maybe even going up though the most I ever paid for even k-horns in pristine shape was $1500 and have sold pristine La Scalas for $800. I wish you luck seanwmill on the $2500 though I don't think it will happen on this forum.
+1
  • Like 1