Welcome to Upstate New York

eth2

Carl

If I had all your money,I would

I haven't been to NY, but I hear upstate real estate is inexpensive.  The same holds true for Texas, and especially East Texas.  There are some real beautiful places in the Piney Woods that are a bargain.  I think Woodville is one of those.  It is absolutely gorgeous out that way!

• Like 1

But beware the piney woods. 

seriously, the chainsaw massacre isn't just a fairy tale.

The haunted chainsaw is still roaming out there somewhere, and late at night you hear it revving itself...LOOK OUT!

.....sorry, couldn't resist.

Edited by IbizaFlame
  • Like 1

You got trumpets IbizaFlame … you’ve got nothing to fear…except chapped lips maybe?

Winter's brutal for it too!

But yeah...actually, my high school "section shirt" says and I quote:

The Davenport North Trumpet section has enough power to turn goat pee into gasoline.

...proven by science for what it's worth.

• Like 1

I'm not talking out of my backside here.  There are parts of east Texas that make the movie Deliverance look like a hello kitty cartoon.

You're funny.  I had a country ranchette of 16 acres in Woodville.   Yes, the people were "simple" in many respects, and life there was surely slow, compared to my urban life.  But I wouldn't say they were crazed or maniacal.  East Texas really is very pretty in spots.  I recommend it to those who want to live in the country and have to have a great mix of trees, grass, sunlight and gently rolling hills, with plenty of rain and nice, sandy, iron-rich soil.

Not that kind of serious...I play with city symphony from time to time.  I also help out with schools in town with lessons.  I don't handle limelight well - as I'm a bit on the shy side...so usually I try and fade into the back.  Though...maybe someday...

Not that kind of serious...I play with city symphony from time to time.  I also help out with schools in town with lessons.  I don't handle limelight well - as I'm a bit on the shy side...so usually I try and fade into the back.  Though...maybe someday...

You should still post a video or 2 or 3 just because.  For posterity's sake and to let people see you enjoying yourself doing what you like to do and entertaining others.  You don't have to be world-famous to say, "Here I am."