Sansui Repair

Taz

Any firm recommendations for my Sansui 9090 and 9090DB as to who to send them to for tune up or restoration?  I don't frequent the other stereo sites so I don't know who is good.

Not in a hurry as I have at least one more unit going out in the Pelican case I got just for shipping stereo's off for work.  Might be good to get in line if there is a long line.

I waited 3 years to have a Marantz gone through and would hope not to have to wait as long on the Sansui's.

Hey Taz, you may wish to check out the Sansui forum over at Audiokarma, I am sure the folks there would have some recommendations for Sansui Techs in your general area.

Thanks for the info Stephen.  I guess I need to join other forums besides this one.  Thanks again!

john

I was given the name/address of Randy Buckner (rbuckner on Audiokarma).  Don't know which would be best choice,  http://manymoonsaudio.com/index.html or Mr. Buckner.  I just got his list for upcoming work for both units.  Sometime late summer/early fall.

:unsure:

Any firm recommendations for my Sansui 9090 and 9090DB as to who to send them to for tune up or restoration?  I don't frequent the other stereo sites so I don't know who is good.

Not in a hurry as I have at least one more unit going out in the Pelican case I got just for shipping stereo's off for work.  Might be good to get in line if there is a long line.

I waited 3 years to have a Marantz gone through and would hope not to have to wait as long on the Sansui's.

I had Matt repair/restore my Sansui CA2000 and BA2000.  He is well known and trusted with several SX1980, SPEC1 and 2 and Marantz. 

+ 1 on checking in at the Audiokarma Sansui page

Not local for you, but I had my 9090DB fully restored in October, 2013 from a company in Rockford, IL.  Cost about $400.  I was able to bring it there personally, and pick it up.  They were very thorough and gave me all the parts back they replaced.  If you want their info, just let me know and I will provide.

Edited by tnr
  • Like 1

Not local for you, but I had my 9090DB fully restored in October, 2013 from a company in Rockford, IL.  Cost about $400.  I was able to bring it there personally, and pick it up.  They were very thorough and gave me all the parts back they replaced.  If you want their info, just let me know and I will provide.

Debating on who to use.  Tom Williams was recommended to me for Marantz 2500.  3 year wait but just got it back.  I knew it would be a long wait.  Don't want to wait as long for the other Girls to be overhauled.  

Sure I'd love to have there contact info.  The shop that done my mc30's is no longer in business.  Seems he was the only one local I wanted to work on the stereo's.  Tried another guy for a Pioneer SX 950 my son fried.    Guy just wanted me to buy one of his New Age receivers.  I don't go back to him anymore.

It will get done one way or another.

Pelican case worked well for shipping.  I could see where the case was banged around and so was the lock I had on it.  I don't think anyone tried to break the lock.  Case was banged up but protected the marantz 2500.  Shipping wt. was 100 lbs