i was injured today... pretty badly...

tpg

Yes, I was. Some of you are probably going, YEAH! lol But don't say it if you are... cwm13.gif

I was at band camp... and we were learning new drill and were about to run the full show up until that point to see what happened. So, we got a short break and my friend and I had left our water jugs in the school so we began to run towards it to get them and get back in time. Along the way, I jumped over a curb of an alley, and lost my balance falling onto the second curb right in that nook above your hip. Needless to say, it kidna hurt. It scratched up a bit and has a pretty deep cut, not to mention riped my shirt and covered it with blood. I think I may have bruised my hip as well... and I bruised/cut my right knee, and cut my hand and got a few spots on my elbow where it looks a bit bad. It was a train wreck. lol

So, I got up, and started to the school, but didn't make it and collapsed by a tree. At this point my friend goes in and gets my water. I am sitting here wondering if my insides are still right. Apparently they are... its a few hours later now.

Anyway, I went back to the field, my friend already was there. I put my water down, and was late, and almost got yelled at by the director for being late. Apparently I was kinda pale, cause several people asked me if I was ok. I thought I was... So we begin, and I cannot get any squeek outa my trumpet. That was sad in itself. So, about 2 moves into the show, my eyesight begins to start looking funny. The leaves on the ground started getting really defined black edges, and the light, sunny spots got really bright. This continued until I could not see anything for the bright white light. So, one of the teachers who asked me if I was alright before talked to the director and I was pulled aside, where I once again fell onto a tree. I drank some water, and my vison came back... So I went into the school where I was bandaged. I had to stay in the rest of practice... it now hurts to stand up/sit down. Anything that uses muscles near my hip or my abs just kills pain-wise. Other than that I think I am ok...

------------------

SoundWise / ProMedia Tech Support / 1-888-554-5665s>

Now, this is coming from somebody who has spent a couple years on the ski patrol - I would highly suggest you have that checked out by a doctor. You are lucky that you did not rupture your spleen or something like that. If I encountered an injury like that on the ski hill (and it has happened), that just about requires a backboard, ride down in the tobaggan off the hill and transport to the hospital. It may sound like overkill, but we take things like that very seriously, epsecially if the patient blacks out like you seem to have.

Anyway, get well soon and next time, be a bit more careful Smile.gif.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

Well, I didn't faint, and it was more of a white out. lol

Apparently, nothing is damaged, cause it really doesn't hurt much any more. Only on some occasions of moving... And two parents that were there were nurses, so they told me what to do, and kinda checked to see if I had damaged anything important that I may need... I never lost conciousness... I told my dad about it, but didn't tell my mom. She gets everything out of proporion and just yelled at me today about how much stress she has, so I figured I would just tell my dad and not mention it to my mom. She noticed my arm, and I just told her I fell over and scratched it a bit and that it was not serious.

------------------

SoundWise / ProMedia Tech Support / 1-888-554-5665s>

I'd say it is important that you get checked out by an M.D. even now.

In the future, should any thing happen like this again, don't feel bashful about going to an emergency room or asking for an ambulance ride to one.

When you've been injured that badly, you're in no condition to evaluate the seriousness of the injury. R.N.s or even M.D.s on the spot can't do the job an e.r. can as far as sophisticated tests.

There are a lot of odd possiblities which are best left to the docs. For example, some hidden condition could have caused you to fall in the first place.

Also please realize that you're probably covered by your parent's medical policy or one issued by the school. No e.r. or municipal ambulance service is going to hesitate a minute to see you.

Another good reason to go is that the examination may well be of value in future treatment for any problem. E.g. you have some future injury and the question becomes whether what is seen on an x-ray is recent or old.

One way or another, through taxes or insurance, we pay for medical assistance in advance. Take advantage of its availability.

Gil

Hey, sorry to hear about your accident. Sounds like it hurt like hell. But I am more concerned about the fact that you were leary of telling your mother because she would yell at you. I don't mean to pry into your family life, but that just seems very wrong to me.cwm6.gif

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Sounds like a really nasty spill and I agree you should be checked out. In the meantime here is an easy way to monitor the situation:

Memorise this -

1.) My *ss is below my waist.

2.) My elbow is above my wrist.

If at any time you find yourself having trouble keeping that straight be careful not to pass a Bose dealer as you are running for the E.R.

This message has been edited by lynnm on 08-07-2002 at 12:19 AM

"If at any time you find yourself having trouble keeping that straight be careful not to pass a Bose dealer as you are running for the E.R."

LOL

When I was a kid I always found others pain funny!

cwm3.gif

Then one day I almost lost one finger when using my father's jig saw and changed...for a few years.Then my evil side came back.

Needless to say the deep cut(to the bone)was painful,I dont remember too well but I almost pooped in my pants from pain. LOL Yes I find that funny too!

Texas Chainsw Massacre is a comedy BTW. I almost had a Quebec JigSaw Massacre on my hands.

On a more serious note,TG go see a doc.When you get KOed by pain and collapse a few times it not too good.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Moon brings up a good point.

Perhaps he probing at intertpesonal relations. More than we can go into here. Moms get wierded out. It is in their nature, God bless them. And naturally we worry about family relation.

A potentally grave injury gets people emotional. That clouds judgment. It is most rational to ignore all thoughts about 1) how am I gonna pay for this, and 2) will not everyone in the world going to think I'm a screw up.

I've seen this in accident victims. The young lass was saying "my mother is going to kill me" because I was injured. Not that she did anything wrong.

This is the time to take the emotion out of the loop. I'm telling anyone here get to the best e.r. crew available. Dial 911. That is what they are paid for.

Even if you have some doubts about a situation with yourself or someone else, there is an easy out. "I was unsure of the situation and want confirmation by the emergency response crew." No one will question your conservative judgment.

Gil

This message has been edited by William F. Gil McDermott on 08-07-2002 at 01:50 AM

jeez! sounds like that hurt. hope you get better! i am in the caymans right now, pay per minute internet. :\ i know how ya feel, in a way, my brother broke his hip, so maybe HE knows how you feel. he broke his hip by jogging... just broked in mid stride.

hope you get better. i will be back the 11th. so see ya then.. maybe i can give my dad a few bucks so i can stgay on a few more minutes Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

SUE SUE SUE!!! j/k

I remember about 9 years ago in freshman year (holy crap has it been that long?) during photography class my teacher had me go wash out some chemicals from a bucket. I went just down the hall to where the janitors room was where there was a hose. I didn't see a sign anywhere that said the water was 150 degrees. Lets just say, OWWWWWWWW. The water went right through my shoe and burned a portion of my skin right off. I went to a doctor though and it healed after a long time and looks normal now.

------------------

AMD ATHLON XP 1700+ CPU

ABIT KR7A-R MOTHERBOARD

512MB PC2100 RAM

SONY 21" TRINITRON CPD-G520 MONITOR

ATI ALL IN WONDER RADEON 8500DV 64MB NTSC

ENERMAX FS-710BB 330W FULL TOWER CASE

SONY SPRESSA 16X/10X/40X EIDE INTERNAL CDRW

CREATIVE LABS SOUNDBLASTER LIVE! PLATINUM PCI 5.1

SONY 16X DVD INTERNAL EIDE DRIVE

IBM 60GB 7200RPM HARD DRIVE

KLIPSCH PROMEDIA 5.1 (500W) SPEAKERS

Definately see a doctor.....soon.

4 years ago, I fell off scaffolding that had been erected around a chimney. I landed on my *ss on the roof, but quickly slid off the steep roof and fell 3 stories to the ground. Somehow I managed to live through the ordeal. In serious pain but happy to be alive, I never filed an accident report nor sought medical attention. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! I was in no position to asess my physical damage.

Much of the pain went away temporarily, but continues to return. Close to a year later, I was at work but couldn't move my legs without great (shooting) pains. I chose to see a Chiropractor at my own expense which provided some temporary relief. My pelvis is tipped by 19mm, and my spine is offset by 21mm from where it should be to compensate.

Since then, I have seen my primary care provider (***) on several occasions, but noone can tell me what happened in the accident. "Could be genetic" they say. I waited too long, and have found it difficult to get an accurate diagnosis. The doctor understands my discomfort, and has finally referred me to a physiatrist that I will see towards the end of this month.

I don't know what help could have been offered immediately following the accident, but I will always wonder. I'm glad you told your Mom about your fall. Now you should tell your doctor. Sincerely,

Chris