piano song recommendations?

Paducah Home Theater

Teaching my 11 year old daughter how to play piano except she isn't the type to sit down and play mary had a little lamb via sheet music so I'm not even going to try. Been teaching her pop and traditional fun songs, such as:

lean on me

journey - faithfully

walking in memphis

heart and soul

the peanuts/snoopy theme (at least one hand at a time)

canon in D

Anyway, running out of steam, not sure what else to come up with. Any ideas?

Www.Priscamusic.net . . . Prisca just released another song ("Skin") on 6 Feb on her site. A singer/songwriter gaining traction. Beautiful voice, encourages aspiring young artists (pre-teens and teens) on her facebook page. Does a lot of acoustic sets, many with piano only. And teaches voice and piano to pay on the side. She has been primarily jazz fusion, but recently charted with one of her acoustic songs ("Kamikaze") when a rapper picked it up, repackaged it, and had her sing it with him.

Edited by Rhetor

Chopin Prelude in E-minor.  A bit sad but so pretty.

Bruce Hornsby.  Also often sad, but such is much jazz. 

J. S. Bach.  I tried a part of a Toccata and could see the circulating counterpoint  wow.  When King Crimson mentions "The Pattern Juggler" they must be talking of J.S.B.

WMcD

Teaching my 11 year old daughter how to play piano except she isn't the type to sit down and play mary had a little lamb via sheet music so I'm not even going to try. Been teaching her pop and traditional fun songs, such as:

lean on me

journey - faithfully

walking in memphis

heart and soul

the peanuts/snoopy theme (at least one hand at a time)

canon in D

Anyway, running out of steam, not sure what else to come up with. Any ideas?

I got you covered; Simple Gifts.

Aaron Copeland arranged a traditional folk song that was a Shaker melody and it is the closing piece to Appalachia Spring, music that was written by Copland specifically for a ballet for Martha Graham. 

The entire Appalachia Spring is brilliant because it starts out very slow and simple, and evolves to a complete full and magnificent conclusion, just like things are simple when you are a child, and your life ends up at the end completely full.

Your daughter will want to play the right hand only per the above video starting at :39. 

+++

Here's a nice vocal version by Jewel, I like the tempo.  The words are on the Youtube description. (I edited the first part directly below because they did not transcribe it the way I have heard it most often.)

'Tis a gift to be simple, 'tis a gift to be free,

'Tis a gift to come down where you ought to be,

And when we find ourselves in the place just right,

We will be in the valley of love and delight.

Edited by wvu80